Transpo rectifiers.

Anybody had any run ins with the transpo rectifiers?
    I bought one after I got the dreaded 12v low light.
    The first day I fitted it and went out the ski started missfired abit ( witch I just put it down to somthing else with the rectifier being new ) and once I switched off the ski for a second it wouldn't start back up! :/

then once i got got home it started up straight away after a battery charge. Then I went out again to test and it was missfiring badly then went ok for a round 2 minutes then the alarm went off and it went into limp mode and I had to idle home!

Then i tested the rectifier and it wasn't consistant ohms reading I was getting 589, 640, 618 across all three yellow wires! My voltage on the battery was also up and down constantly, So I rang up the company where I purchased the rectifier and they have sent another one out to try.

now this one I checked before fitting and I got the same sort of ohms readings as the last one they sent out. So I plugged it in anyways and my voltage reading stayed at steady 13.7v for around 5-6 seconds then the voltage is all over the place again!

Ive be checked all grounds, checked stator, checked fuses on mpem. I've checked the power and earth coming from the rectifier to the mpem and with engine off I get a reading of 12.6v so that tells me there is no brakes in them 2 wires. I've load tested the battery and it can hold a charge over night too!

Im sure its the aftermarket rectifier, so just wanted to see if you guys have any of these rectifiers fitted and if there are any reported problems.

here is the one I'm talking about

20 views with no replies must mean non of you have one fitted witch inturn must mean they are not a known company which would also indicate to maby poor bilt products?

As I'm sure if they where good then a lot of people would have them fitted.

+1
    Never heard of them...when it comes to certain things I rather stick with OEM,especially when there hasnt been any proven testing on that specific part...NOw once you get an OEM rectifier and put it on,then you can compair the 2 and see if they are indeed no good or if there is another issue...Thanks to guys like you that are willing to try other parts and provide feedback as this is how new parts become known to the industry,even if they are bad...

Has anybody got a osd marine heavy duty rectifier fitted, are they any good?
    Just they don't offer refunds or warranty so very off putting. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Never heard of them...when it comes to certain things I rather stick with OEM,especially when there hasnt been any proven testing on that specific part...NOw once you get an OEM rectifier and put it on,then you can compair the 2 and see if they are indeed no good or if there is another issue...Thanks to guys like you that are willing to try other parts and provide feedback as this is how new parts become known to the industry,even if they are bad...

Thanks for the reply mate, I'm not sure weather to get this heavy duty one or a oem one. Mainly because the oem ones are also proven to fail too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosta View Post
    Anybody had any run ins with the transpo rectifiers

now this one I checked before fitting and I got the same sort of ohms readings as the last one they sent out. So I plugged it in anyways and my voltage reading stayed at steady 13.7v for around 5-6 seconds then the voltage is all over the place again!

Ive be checked all grounds, checked stator, checked fuses on mpem. I've checked the power and earth coming from the rectifier to the mpem and with engine off I get a reading of 12.6v so that tells me there is no brakes in them 2 wires. I've load tested the battery and it can hold a charge over night too!

Im sure its the aftermarket rectifier, so just wanted to see if you guys have any of these rectifiers fitted and if there are any reported problems.
    I've never used a transpo, but from the sounds of it your rectifier possibly has a bad solder connection inside as it seems to go haywire when it heats up (after 5~6 seconds ) which can cause the connections inside to break open till they cool and reclose. Personally i ditch the oem seadoo thyristor ones and custom fit a mosfet style reg/rec out of an 04+ Yamaha R1. They arent cheap (msrp $300+) but I have a wrecking yard near by that i get them for about $50 used.

As for a wire being good because it shows 12.6v the same thing can happen, I've seen wires do alright in a continuity test but break down under load. I've also seen them where they have a break inside that only shows up under vibration.

Thread Information