Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Best oil sucker and oil for the 260?

Since I have a 50hr filter in my ski now, I'm going to do the oil changes myself in between. So I need an oil sucker what's the best? Also run the kawi oil or like royal purple or amsoil?

+1
    West Marine has a good one my buddy uses. I personally use and old medical suction unit. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADJXTIOR.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	338167

The oil debate is a hot one. Everyone is going to give their own opinions based on their own experiences and whatever else. I say, if you aren't a pre disposed gear head and have some love relationship with an oil brand(I am), just stick with the Kawasaki oil. It's easy, good and will keep you safe..

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    I have the West Marine sucker. Works fine.
    Hydro-Turf sells one and I bet you can order thru the store on here and get 10% off.
    Dino-Oil works fine. Kawi oil is good. I like sythetic oil. 10$ more per change but I like syth. Like Rescue says it's just personal choice and you'll get that many opinions.

+1
    Lol I am a gear head and I have had some serious forum wars when I had my banshee on bansheehq about what to run hahahha

5. +1 by:

+1
    I use the same one that Rod uses (West Marine) - it works VERY well.

Reference:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2061303

Good Luck !!!

+1
    There's a few models all do the job,best to do when engine is real warm like after riding it comes out quicker..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	338197  

8. +1 by:

+1

West Marine for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    I use the same one that Rod uses (West Marine) - it works VERY well.

Reference:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2061303

Good Luck !!!
    +1 - the West Marine "cylinder" style is WAY superior mainly because of speed - the one that Spooling and Rod suggested will evacuate your oil in about 2-3 minutes as opposed to 20+ minutes for ball type. The ball works, it just takes way too long.

I use amsoil for the engine protection that it offers and better performance. I se amsoil in all things requiring oil, I even use the performance enhancers and gear oils. I want my stuff to last forever, I've used amsoil since the 1990s. I once had a mechanic ask me if I had a cylinder head replaced because it was so clean. It's worth the extra money and they make a special marine for stroke oil for PWC's and out boards. I've used the Two stroke Premix at 100 - 1 for years and had no problems with it. Amsoil has a complete product line for Automotive, small engine and Marine uses too. Check it out. And the engine doesn't need to be warmed up to change the oil either. You can change it a 30 degress the same as you can at 70 degrees.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ddowers View Post
    I use amsoil for the engine protection that it offers and better performance. I se amsoil in all things requiring oil, I even use the performance enhancers and gear oils. I want my stuff to last forever, I've used amsoil since the 1990s. I once had a mechanic ask me if I had a cylinder head replaced because it was so clean. It's worth the extra money and they make a special marine for stroke oil for PWC's and out boards. I've used the Two stroke Premix at 100 - 1 for years and had no problems with it. Amsoil has a complete product line for Automotive, small engine and Marine uses too. Check it out. And the engine doesn't need to be warmed up to change the oil either. You can change it a 30 degress the same as you can at 70 degrees.
    I'm an amsoil guy too bro that's all I ran in my banshee, YZ, mustangs, camaro, civic, 2 poke yamahas etc. gonna get the west marine sucker and some amsoil

I use this one. It's very durable. The warmer the oil the better when I change it. JB

http://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-34060-0.../dp/B000O8F0SU

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information