Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spark Review at Boating Magazine it's pretty fair

+1
    Good write up and unbiased ...

+1
    While that $4,999 starting price is enticing, when optioned to include the 90 hp engine, three-passenger hull extension, storage compartment and an aft step, the Spark climbs to $6,499. If you plan to frequently ride with multiple passengers, pull skiers and wakeboarders, live where the seas are sometimes angry, or just plain feel the need for speed, you owe it to yourself to consider the next step up in the food chain. Sea-Doo’s own 130 hp GTI 130 is a true, full-featured three-seater for $8,199; Yamaha’s 110 hp VX Sport runs $7,999.
    Jeff Hemmel makes a very good argument. I spent 8K on my spark (IBR) and by the time you bought the GTI it closer to 9.5K and the VX sport is closer to 9K. So there is that increase from the suggested retail and out the door real price (taxes tags bent over what ever). Yes stepping up to the next price level for a more comfortable boat might be worth it. Overall it's still a way cheaper boat to run/own/maintain than either the GTI or VX sport above.

He is right about the chop, there are some days ridding the spark is not much fun and pretty much you have ride standing up. Then they are the days you ride standing up and you are jumping off a two/three foot boat wake. I can't do that in my RXT.

Personally I feel the Spark is not really an intro ski. I consider more of an "AND" boat. You know the days you want to play loose and tear things up. Then there are the days, I just want to go fast and be comfortable and that is when the RXT is great. So by the GTI or greater AND by a 90HP 2up Spark.

Nice, you know for me it was a no brainer, I actually did get my 2up spark for $4999 because I bought it in February at the boat show, I then enjoyed it a couple of months and then got the Vtech tune, so that set me back a bit, enjoyed the 110hp like that a couple of months, and right now I'm buying the 3up extension.. So it was really pain free..

Like I mentioned I like the GTI or the VX, the shiny gel coat etc, but I keep going back to the fact that it would have cost me $9k on the spot... I also have my 150 Speedster that I could use when I want to cruise. Yea pretty much unbiased review

+1
    I took my rxtx260 out yesterday for the first time in 3 month ...

After spending a full day on it I realised how much fuel I used , filled for dead empty 68.3 ltrs at $114 for premium fuel I could of ran the spark for almost 4 weekends ...

Then the swell was up but I need a good size wave to get the heavy ass RXTX of the ground where the spark needs only 2 foot ..

after the long ride on the RXTX I was bored and spend the rest of the day trying throw the RXTX around like a spark ...lol

Conclusion , the Spark is cheaper to run by far , easier to wave jump and much more fun to throw around ... RXTX great long distance cruiser and has good mid to top speed and that's it ...

Iam going out on my Spark next weekend ... Lol

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post

After spending a full day on it I realised how much fuel I used , filled for dead empty 68.3 ltrs at $114 for premium fuel I could of ran the spark for almost 4 weekends ...

Then the swell was up but I need a good size wave to get the heavy ass RXTX of the ground where the spark needs only 2 foot ..

after the long ride on the RXTX I was bored and spend the rest of the day trying throw the RXTX around like a spark ...lol

Conclusion , the Spark is cheaper to run by far , easier to wave jump and much more fun to throw around ... RXTX great long distance cruiser and has good mid to top speed and that's it ...

Wow...that speaks volumes right there man.

awesome!

+1
    Iam about to put back my other RXTX260 that does 80mph +++ , well this flys but u always worry about what is going to let go ..

So that's why my next project will be a Fiber glass bottom hull Spark with a turbo kit ...

The best of the Spark with the best of the RXTX S3 , now that will be a Spark X...

+1
    So that's why my next project will be a Fiber glass bottom hull Spark with a turbo kit ...

The best of the Spark with the best of the RXTX S3 , now that will be a Spark X...
    A spark monster...is what you mean! So what is the purpose of such a setup. I can only think of it for racing. Taking the Spark-X on any water with slight chop at speed would be just insane.

+1

Exactly why I am glad I sold the RXT-X last august because other than going 70 MPH and sucking gas the only thing I felt was better on the RXT-X was the seat???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information