Tan Plastic Thing Attached to Cam Sprocket on 4tec Engine

Does anyone know if there is a proper way to attach the tan plastic round part that is attached to the camshaft timing sprocket on the Seadoo 4tec engine. It appears there is a dowel pin on the sprocket that probably goes thru the tan plastic thing that is attached. Does it get any adhesive?

Thanks.

Did u find out why ur timing chain lost slack??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rferrel1 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a proper way to attach the tan plastic round part that is attached to the camshaft timing sprocket on the Seadoo 4tec engine. It appears there is a dowel pin on the sprocket that probably goes thru the tan plastic thing that is attached. Does it get any adhesive?

Thanks.
    I never take that part off the cam gear. It just snaps on. You should get a new one, if you removed it.

Not absolutely sure it got slack, but the tan plastic thing attached to the cam sprocket came off, got chewed up and maybe part of it went thru the chain & sprocket and knocked timing off a tooth or two. Not absolutely sure - only real damage that was apparent was the tan plastic thing off the sprocket and damaged and a couple pieces of it chewed off, laying in valve cover.

Ron

Got a new plastic part ordered. I think someone told me it wasn't really necessary to have it on, but I ordered one anyway.

Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rferrel1 View Post
    Got a new plastic part ordered. I think someone told me it wasn't really necessary to have it on, but I ordered one anyway.

Ron
    Did you get the special washer that suppose to cover the cam bolts? You get a bunch oil in your intake tract or breather bottle without one.

Make sure you also have the rubber part that fit on TOPS valve too. All that stuff could be down in your engine too.

jp1300r,

The washer you're talking about is the round one with two flat sides to it, right? I have that one. It fell into the PTO cover and was laying on the bottom of the PTO cover - thank goodness didn't get into any gears. Yes, I have the rubber part that is somewhat like a harder version of an o-ring, shaped a little different than just a round o-ring.

Thread Information