Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Ride Impressions

Well, I bit the bullet and went for my first ride. I put 3 hours on it with the kiddie key because I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself

The first thing I thought was this thing is big! I am coming from an 01 150, so what a big difference!

The water was rough as hell but I managed to stay quite dry as the 250 just bridged the wake! I found myself going about 40 across heavy chop standing up and holding on with only one hand...not something I could do with the 150. I actually found myself standing for long periods, I almost always sit down on the 150.

As I rounded 3 hours I decided to put in the man key and see if there was any difference...all I can say is hell yeah!

I did a couple of 3/4 throttle blasts and was amazed! I GPS'd it at 64.4 at 3/4 throttle and 1 bar of gas and the buzzer going off (pump wedge already in). NICE!

I also took the 150 out for the first time this year and can say you can't compare the 2. I will never part with it cause nothing jumps wake like a 150!

I put my buddy on the 150 and gave him a few beatdowns, but top-end we were close...I GPS's the 150 at 65.9 is light chop the same day and a full tank of gas.

In closing I will also comment on the handling...wow again. I have never really cared or had any use for a ski the handled well, but I found myself carving around channel markers and saying "watch this" more than once. It feels like it will never spin or throw you off!!!

A few more observations:

I found myself sitting on my knees a few times while riding, just cause I could.

The seat is WIDE...I have blisters on my inner ankles from rubbing the hull.

It will go 44 mph with the kiddie key

The 150 makes me sore trying to hang on

Conclusion...it is a CTS-V on the water, time to put the kiddie key back in for a few hours

Time to start moding

+1
    Go ahead and add the Group K ride plate mod. Unless you're trying to do 180s on the bouy course it's pretty sweet.

first ride

I was going by shutes branch yesterday looks like you didnt pick a calm day to ride the wind was causing whitecaps. I agree with the 150 being a hand full mine is an 04 the shred helps though. See you out there.

+1

A great vacation riding

Been back about a week after vacationing for a little over a week at Ft. Myers Beach. First of all let me give Todd (Kawi-Guy) a big thanks for showing my wife and I places we would never have had the guts to venture into on our own. THANK YOU! The weather and water was great. Clear skies, temperatures in the 80ís, and light offshore winds made for enjoyable riding. Put 20 hours on the 250 and must say itís a true cruising machine. Iím a heavy boy and even when my wife and I rode two up it was a fun and responsive yet comfortable ride. I never got a chance to open it up in glass conditions with an empty tank but with a half tank and my fat ass sitting back in the seat with arms stretched out I did GPS 65.2. I had installed the wedge prior to the trip. With three quarters of a tank in a straight away on the Estero River my wife and I ran Ultra 150 vs Ultra 250. When we stopped at the pass to rest and have a cocktail, I commented to her that I was disappointed that she only slightly walked away from me. This was until she said ďI didnít have it opened upÖ because I was chickenĒ. She did GPS 65.6. At his point we probably had 10 hours on the ski and my intercooler was probably loaded with oil(see the OIL LEVEL thread) . I canít wait for the northern Illinois weather to warm up to hit the river with an empty tank and see what she will do (the Ultra not my wife). Over all I am very happy with my combination of Ultras and am looking forward to meeting up with my friend on his stock RXP on a busy Sunday afternoon.

Nothing wrong with 65.2 mph with half tank gas. In FL, the ski will be slower due to temperature. I would say majority of the 67 mph stock skis are done with water temp. under 60 deg. Wait until the water temp. in FL is 80 deg., I expect it not even hit 65 mph unless you are on fumes.

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Dave,
    Thanks for the heads up.,
    Sorry I couldn't get more days off that week. It wass fun cruising with you and the wife.
    Contact me anytime you are going to be in the area so we can ride.......
    Thanks,
    Todd

PS, I removed and drained my Intercooler yesterday

Ultra 150 vs. 250

Livin on the Edge, I was reading your post and you were talking about you and your wife running your Ultra's, a 150 and a 250, correct. Did you know your loosing 2mph with the Worx intake grate on your Ultra 150 in smooth water? From your post I really couldn't tell who was on what but if you swapped your intake grate back to stock I'm betting that your 250 won't leave your 150 on top end and your 150 might even be a tad faster with your setup.

+1
    The Worx grate as well as all the other aftermarket grates, do cause a speed loss in glass conditions, but for overall handling on other than glass, they are just about mandatory.

Richard

Thumbs up Fort Myers

Quote Originally Posted by Livin on the Edge View Post
    Been back about a week after vacationing for a little over a week at Ft. Myers Beach. First of all let me give Todd (Kawi-Guy) a big thanks for showing my wife and I places we would never have had the guts to venture into on our own. THANK YOU! The weather and water was great. Clear skies, temperatures in the 80ís, and light offshore winds made for enjoyable riding. Put 20 hours on the 250 and must say itís a true cruising machine. Iím a heavy boy and even when my wife and I rode two up it was a fun and responsive yet comfortable ride. I never got a chance to open it up in glass conditions with an empty tank but with a half tank and my fat ass sitting back in the seat with arms stretched out I did GPS 65.2. I had installed the wedge prior to the trip. With three quarters of a tank in a straight away on the Estero River my wife and I ran Ultra 150 vs Ultra 250. When we stopped at the pass to rest and have a cocktail, I commented to her that I was disappointed that she only slightly walked away from me. This was until she said ďI didnít have it opened upÖ because I was chickenĒ. She did GPS 65.6. At his point we probably had 10 hours on the ski and my intercooler was probably loaded with oil(see the OIL LEVEL thread) . I canít wait for the northern Illinois weather to warm up to hit the river with an empty tank and see what she will do (the Ultra not my wife). Over all I am very happy with my combination of Ultras and am looking forward to meeting up with my friend on his stock RXP on a busy Sunday afternoon.
    Hey i saw you and your wife at new pass in estero, that was the first ulta 250 ive seen down here, well i believe it was u, it was blue , your wife was on it and u had a red 150. You guys were parked @ the beach in new pass, water has been beautiful past few weeks! I was gonna stop and check it out but didnt want to bother u .... I was on a black/green 05 rxp, and my buddy was on my black/gold 06 rxp, u may of saw us. Also saw u cruise by coming through big carlos heading north to fort myers beach.. beautiful ski by the way Hope u enjoyed it down here

+1

New Pass

Yep that was us. You should have stopped by! We stop by either there or dog beach every day to take a break and take in some sun. We own a time share on Ft. Myers Beach and tow the skis down to the beach annually the last week of March. Maybe we can hook up next year and Todd (Kawi-Guy) can join us. We love that area and the break from the Illinois winter is something we look forward to. It seems like we were never there since the weather since we got back has been in the 30's. Yeaterday we got 5" of snow! Please ship some of your warm weather north SOON!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information