Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

How much water really needed in exhaust???

This is a SVHO but likely would also apply to you SHO folks. The main cooling line has a Tee with a line coming off of it feeding into the bottom of the exhaust manifold collector area below where the rectifier dumps in water. My question is how much water is really needed in the exhaust? I am installing the RIVA FF exhaust so all that plastic resonator crap is gone. Can I just cap this line and then the only water being dumped into exhaust would be from the rectifier? The result would be more water entering the motor and oil cooler off that line main line at that point (Intercooler line Y's off the main line too but further upstream near the pump.) Thoughts???

+1
    Personally I would not screw with that "T". If you ever run a Riva o2 sensor setup you will thank me ( I went through a couple of o2 sensors,). With extra water comes more restriction. I run a separate water line straight to the rectifier never looked back.

Are you still running the Stock thermostat??

Sorry, to completely Understand you want to decrease the amount of water going through the waterbox and free flow pipe?
    Last edited by shrabber; 08-08-2014 at 03:07 PM.

+1
    Yes you can tee and dump some of that water over bored.look up Gus13letter build thread.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SVHOCOOLING 001.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	338233Don't know if this picture shows up good but the T on the bottom directly off the main line. Stock thermostat with 2 additional 1/8" holes.

+1
    Well I planned on using the water I saved for additional cooling of motor/O.C. and even the IC with the increased back pressure.

And correct shrabber, decrease the amount of water going to the waterbox and using that water for additional cooling. Only water to waterbox would then be from the rectifier

+1
    I Will strongly advise no....... do what you want it's your ski!!! My waterbox even with my separate water lines to my rectifier and motor and it tends to be just where I want them (Temps) with my Rpm's.

I would definitely run a separate line from Pump to your Intercooler, and one to your rectifier IMO.

Then you can take the hose that feeds the Motor and intercooler Plug the Line feeding the Intercooler, then you can "t" off that. (If you wanted too)

i have tried what you are suggesting and much more.the exhaust on these skis is not restrictive enough for you to see a measurable gain.its not worth the effort.

8. +1 by:

+1
    I once plugged the "T" off going to my waterbox just to see because i cant leave things alone! Got to the ramp unloaded and sounded savage as with a thru hull but...within under 5min of being on the water and one short hit of WOT There was overheating lights on the dash, buzzers going off put the ski into limp mode, and a dick load of smoke coming from under the seat. Eventually got back to the ramp with the tide pull and got home and changed it all back to normal. Also appologised to the ski for what id done

not worth screwing with like some of these blokes mentioned there are no real gains more so on a rec ski. Unless you do as gus has done with the inline ball tap

+1
    There is an exhaust temp sensor, I believe... if perhaps with less flow you uncover that it may give over temp warnings...

+1
    that T feed water into the exhaust manifold and up into the head, cutting that supply off is cutting 90% of your motor cooling supply off, none of the water going into the bottom of the manifold goes into the water box, the only water going into the water box is out of the rectifier, its a 6mm hole, you can try going down to 4mm with a restricter and hope you dont plug it up with debris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information