+1

4 Tec oil filter cap placement?

So I did the first oil change on my 2013 gtr tonight (25 hrs). I read before some had to pry the oil filter cap off. In my case the filter was stuck to the bottom of the cap and as I unscrewed the cap screw the filter came with it. With the cap off there was a flanged nut at the bottom of the cap screw that had some red loctite on it. This seemed to be put there to prevent the cap screw from being tightend too far. I didnt 100% look underneath the cap to see if the cap was flush with the base or not before taking it off. Once I replaced the filter and tightend the screw down I can just see the last o ring, so the cap isn't completely down to the base but maybe like that for a reason. This very well may have been where it was before but didn't check this. Does my picture look like where your caps are sitting. Just worried it will allow oil to come out. Again this may have been where it was before I took it off but want to check with you guys as a gut check. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407556862509.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	338252

+1
    That looks about normal. It seems like it should go further, but it won't. I always run it on the hose after an oil change to verify no leaks,then I check again after the first ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterguy00 View Post
    So I did the first oil change on my 2013 gtr tonight (25 hrs). I read before some had to pry the oil filter cap off.
    On the older models they used to have to pry it off. Seadoo changed the design on the newer ones so it lifts off as you loosen the bolt."much nicer"
    Last edited by sn-95; 08-09-2014 at 05:09 AM.

+1
    Ok thanks, I figured it had to be in the same place since the flange nut would keep it from going any further then where it was loctited.

The new design on the cap is great, I was totally planning on having to pry on it.

I'll be out on her today so will keep an eye on it.

Thanks again

+1
    Everything looked fine after a few Hr run today. Can't believe I was so worried about changing the oil. Will still have to have the dealer reset ecu though.

Thread Information