Can someone help with soundbox

2001 gp1200r

Has a FF exhaust and its just to darn loud. Don't get me wrong I love loud pipes and the sound of a tripple is amazing but the FF exhaust stuff is for the birds! With no real speed gains with my setup it has to go.

I have purchased the long bendy hose that goes from the waterbox/muffler to the sound supression box and the sound supression box itself. Then i have a 90 degree hose and the exhaust outlet through hull.

I cannot figure out if there was Styrofoam under the box if my outlit port and or muffler is twisted rotated etc.. Something is just not right. Can someone please post a picture of the correct install or offer adviceClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407615823746.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	338325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407615833886.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	338326?

+1
    Try to look at the parts listing on the replacement parts store listed above on the 2001 GPR. I cannot remember how any of mine fit in, there were several pieces of stryofoam back there too. I will tell you 2 things: One if you have triple pipes, and or big bore the sound suppression may cause higher cyl temps and issues there. Two, if you want to help with noise, get a 1300 waterbox, they have a extra box welded in the side and reduce noise by a noticable amount. They don't cost much, mine was less than $40. Thats what I did with my 2001 cause the noise and drone got to me. I kept the FF cause I have a 1390 and high compression so its not recommended to have the stock SS.

+1
    I never install the foam back into the ski. Fit the elbow to the outlet first, then fit the SS box onto the outlet 90 and rotate it up towards the back/top of the hull, then put the waterbox hose on last

Should the SS box sit on the bottom of the hull or was it raised up like it sat on Styrofoam? See how my exhaust outlet is turned up. The only way i could get all the hoses on and fitting good the SS box was about 8 inches off the bottom of the hull. Just didnt seem right.

Ill keep looking for a reference picture. Thanks for the tip.

That helped out tremendously! I had the plumbing correct but was trying to sit the box on the bottom of the hull. Now I see how it is raised up slightly that makes perfect sense. Now I just need to shape a block of Styrofoam to help support it.

Thanks again!

Thread Information