+1

anyone near Columbia SC ? i need a car checked out, cadillac XLR

hi all,
    i havent been around in a while, sold my doo a while back and have been enjoying the boat with the wifey.
    i need a favor from the GH community, this is the biggest best online community i have ever been in, so i know theres probably a few of you in or near Columbia SC.
    i have been looking to buy a cadillac xlr for a long time, found this one in columbia SC at the audi dealer, 2007 platinum edition listed as xenon blue. unfortunatley i am in philadelphia. if anyone is in the area if you can stop in to check it out let me know if its good condition bad condition whatever you can see , would be helpful.
    dinner on me !! or name your price
    also, any car inspection experts in that area i could order an inspection from? before i buy a plane ticket would be nie to know if its worth the expense. all help appreciated.
    PS i was trying to get some help over at the xlr forum, its like theres no one there!! i miss the GH, might need to get a doo so i can start hangin out again!

+1

+1
    I like your taste in cars! I'm not located in Columbia but I bought a car sight unseen off of the internet (a blue Audi) and I didn't regret it. The difference was it did have a factory warranty though. Since this is a rare car, if it has the features you want I would just have it shipped. I doubt an Audi dealer would put a low quality car on their lot.

+1
    after next week i will be off for a month, so i will have time to travel and check it out.
    i considered having it shipped sight unseen, afraid though, heard of too many horror stories, its above average expense to work on the car, so if anything is wrong i 'd rather find it before i buy it
    for a few hundred i can fly round trip, or just drive it back if i like it.
    only part that makes me wonder is the car was sold and serviced at the caddy dealer right there in columbia, but then traded at the audi dealer?
    owner probably just wanted an audi, but in the back of my mind i'm thinking there was a problem the caddy dealer discovered, so they offered real low on trade in. so owner dumped it at the audi dealer for a better trade, while it was still running

+1
    Even the dealers sometimes buy at auction. It may be a repo, it's unlikely that it was a rental.

But, yeah, you must drive that sucker and check it out thoroughly. It's not a brand new car and it could have issues. It may just have normal wear and tear as it's pretty low mileage. But I would definitely want to drive it around town for a good half hour. And better yet: arrange for a mechanic to check it out.

But many have made longer trips in cars in worse shape than taking this one home with you!

+1
    oh well, sold already, darn!

Thread Information