Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Startup troubles

Hey guys, when I first start the ski the IBR light and OPAC light comes on for about 5 seconds. It also doesn't allow me to shift from N to F without a few tries, and then all is fine. Drives, pulls hard, no other problems. Should I scan for a CEL? All advice and photos of boobies appreciated

+1
    Advice:
    Be careful what you ask for.

Photo of boobies:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407631506.678950.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  5.7 KB

Good luck with the ski!

+1
    Some of the IBR bracketry maybe loose?

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Check battery connections, make sure terminals are tight. Make sure battery isn't getting weak.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    Check battery connections, make sure terminals are tight. Make sure battery isn't getting weak.
    Actually the battery is weak. After doing mods and not starting for 2 weeks, she starts hard now. The VT logger being plugged in the whole time didn't help. New battery?

+1
    Don't know if has anything to do with the VT tune but we saw similar issue when we installed the Athena ECU when it first came out (on friends ski). They fixed it through software update later in life. Then when I tried F then N, it went into limp mode and popped a code.

+1
    I might be running rich too on startup, heard that causes a hard start. Logging in progress. Thanks for not sending man boobs

+1
    Photo of boobies Huh... Ibr light, something stuck in the ibr? Unplug the datalogger ☺ And, go for a ride... It will charge the battery... Also, check the connections on battery!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedXP View Post
    Actually the battery is weak. After doing mods and not starting for 2 weeks, she starts hard now. The VT logger being plugged in the whole time didn't help. New battery?
    Brian, if you buy a new battery, ONLY buy an AGM made by East Penn Manufacturing. They are the only battery for our skis. Bulletproof, leakproof, high CCA rate, long life etc etc. They are sold under many brand names, Deka is main one (there is a thread listing all the brand names on Gh sonewhere). I've ran this is two skis and recommended it to many friends who all swear by it.

Don't buy OEM or similar lead acid.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedXP View Post
    Brian, if you buy a new battery, ONLY buy an AGM made by East Penn Manufacturing. They are the only battery for our skis. Bulletproof, leakproof, high CCA rate, long life etc etc. They are sold under many brand names, Deka is main one (there is a thread listing all the brand names on Gh sonewhere). I've ran this is two skis and recommended it to many friends who all swear by it.

Don't buy OEM or similar lead acid.
    I was also recommended an AGM by my friend Steve at Precision Water Sports. Should be getting one in soon. Might try disconnecting the logger and see if it recovers first

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information