Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    WickedXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    366
    +1
    50

    Startup troubles

    Hey guys, when I first start the ski the IBR light and OPAC light comes on for about 5 seconds. It also doesn't allow me to shift from N to F without a few tries, and then all is fine. Drives, pulls hard, no other problems. Should I scan for a CEL? All advice and photos of boobies appreciated


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    223
    +1
    8
    Advice:
    Be careful what you ask for.

    Photo of boobies:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407631506.678950.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  5.7 KB

    Good luck with the ski!

  3. #3
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Some of the IBR bracketry maybe loose?

  4. #4
    RGUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    Posts
    551
    +1
    53
    Check battery connections, make sure terminals are tight. Make sure battery isn't getting weak.

  5. #5
    WickedXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    366
    +1
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    Check battery connections, make sure terminals are tight. Make sure battery isn't getting weak.
    Actually the battery is weak. After doing mods and not starting for 2 weeks, she starts hard now. The VT logger being plugged in the whole time didn't help. New battery?

  6. #6
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,536
    +1
    777
    Don't know if has anything to do with the VT tune but we saw similar issue when we installed the Athena ECU when it first came out (on friends ski). They fixed it through software update later in life. Then when I tried F then N, it went into limp mode and popped a code.

  7. #7
    WickedXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    366
    +1
    50
    I might be running rich too on startup, heard that causes a hard start. Logging in progress. Thanks for not sending man boobs

  8. #8
    spouk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    635
    +1
    30
    Photo of boobies Huh... Ibr light, something stuck in the ibr? Unplug the datalogger ☺ And, go for a ride... It will charge the battery... Also, check the connections on battery!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    Check battery connections, make sure terminals are tight. Make sure battery isn't getting weak.
    Actually the battery is weak. After doing mods and not starting for 2 weeks, she starts hard now. The VT logger being plugged in the whole time didn't help. New battery?
    Brian, if you buy a new battery, ONLY buy an AGM made by East Penn Manufacturing. They are the only battery for our skis. Bulletproof, leakproof, high CCA rate, long life etc etc. They are sold under many brand names, Deka is main one (there is a thread listing all the brand names on Gh sonewhere). I've ran this is two skis and recommended it to many friends who all swear by it.

    Don't buy OEM or similar lead acid.

  10. +1 by:


  11. #10
    WickedXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    366
    +1
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    Check battery connections, make sure terminals are tight. Make sure battery isn't getting weak.
    Actually the battery is weak. After doing mods and not starting for 2 weeks, she starts hard now. The VT logger being plugged in the whole time didn't help. New battery?
    Brian, if you buy a new battery, ONLY buy an AGM made by East Penn Manufacturing. They are the only battery for our skis. Bulletproof, leakproof, high CCA rate, long life etc etc. They are sold under many brand names, Deka is main one (there is a thread listing all the brand names on Gh sonewhere). I've ran this is two skis and recommended it to many friends who all swear by it.

    Don't buy OEM or similar lead acid.
    I was also recommended an AGM by my friend Steve at Precision Water Sports. Should be getting one in soon. Might try disconnecting the logger and see if it recovers first

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tip: Trouble codes for 4 Tec's
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 06-02-2017, 07:34 PM
  2. 12 Offshore Oil Rigs in trouble...USCG
    By Denali44 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 11:23 PM
  3. trouble code ?
    By Krazy-K in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 07:18 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 09:33 PM
  5. Impeller Shaft Trouble
    By WildBill9000 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •