Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP 215 -06 Losing RPM/speed/power

Hi,

Little problems with my ski.. hope you guys can help.

I did full motor overhaul in winter(Conrod bearings was shot) and have driven after that about 17h.. All bearings, crankshaft, conrods etc. was changed..

Now I noticed that top speed, rpm and acceleration is not that good that it used to be.. Itīs have been quite windy and hard waves so not that much power needed lately -> not sure when this started and did it came rapidly or get worse slowly.

It takes now pretty much 6900-7000rpm, top speed is about 60mph and it feels quite lazy after 50mph

SC was serviced at winter too.. and it has still 16nm torque in clutch which should be ok?

Allready done:

SC torque checked + IC leak tested.. Both OK

I change first spark plugs.. no change.. all have same colour.. But plugs are very very clean -> picture.. those plugs have about 2h touring ride behind..

then I change fuel pump.. thought if clean sparkplugs mean lean mixture.. No help...(I noticed this problem first time with very little fuel left -> I though it might broke the fuelpump but not this time..)

Now I have thought if it could be Worn Camshaft or maybe Knocksensor taking advance/power out?

Any Ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetintulppa.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	338402  

Quote Originally Posted by Saki View Post
    Hi,

Little problems with my ski.. hope you guys can help.

I did full motor overhaul in winter(Conrod bearings was shot) and have driven after that about 17h.. All bearings, crankshaft, conrods etc. was changed..

Now I noticed that top speed, rpm and acceleration is not that good that it used to be.. Itīs have been quite windy and hard waves so not that much power needed lately -> not sure when this started and did it came rapidly or get worse slowly.

It takes now pretty much 6900-7000rpm, top speed is about 60mph and it feels quite lazy after 50mph

SC was serviced at winter too.. and it has still 16nm torque in clutch which should be ok?

Allready done:

SC torque checked + IC leak tested.. Both OK

I change first spark plugs.. no change.. all have same colour.. But plugs are very very clean -> picture.. those plugs have about 2h touring ride behind..

then I change fuel pump.. thought if clean sparkplugs mean lean mixture.. No help...(I noticed this problem first time with very little fuel left -> I though it might broke the fuelpump but not this time..)

Now I have thought if it could be Worn Camshaft or maybe Knocksensor taking advance/power out?

Any Ideas?
    Still working with this problem.

-Cam shaft timing checked -> ok, and all cam lobes ok.

-Battery terminals and "all" connections checked/cleaned.. Is there some typical problem place? some hidden groung connections?

-Every sensor measured with shop manual.. but How to measure is map sensor ok? 202 page is missing from my shopmanual -> just the page where might be some tricks for that sensor.. anyone have it? Is there some volst/Ohm to measure from it? 5v Reference is coming ok from ECM

-Knock sensor gives right 5MOhm but is it possible that it cuts ignition advance so hard that ski loses power that much? can I testdrive it with knock sensor bolted off the block or is there some limb mode active right away?

-Fuel pressure is ok 3,95bar -> will see in next test drive if its ok when riding. => now I have boost ja fuelpressure meters bolted on for testdrive. Last drive Boost pressure was about 0,[email protected]

-I made DIY intake mod with 3" pipe and airfilter to see if original intake system have some restriction.. guess not..

Open for ideas.. it take always whole evening to get my ski to sea -> nice to have much as possible potential problems solved/something to test.

Ski has now 167h on meter.

+1
    Welcome to GH!

IMO some ideas to try..
    1)Fire it up on trailer with water hose and check if it hits rev limiter
    2)check for any pressure leakage(the collar from SC to TB for example)
    3)Does your TB opens 100%?Just sayin....
    4)Do a compression test

Stock 215 SC produces approx. 7-8 psi of boost at 8k..just for the info

+1
    Have you checked your intake grate, pump bearings, prop, wear ring, Nose cone lately?

What mods do u have on the ski?
    What size prop are u running?

Your getting way to much fuel. I have the same problem with one cylinder on my polaris the spark plug was clean as if it was new. The revee had a big hole in it. I no this is not your problem, but your getting to much fuel somewhere.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by travis ingram View Post
    Your getting way to much fuel. I have the same problem with one cylinder on my polaris the spark plug was clean as if it was new. The revee had a big hole in it. I no this is not your problem, but your getting to much fuel somewhere.
    I think if he had to much fuel the spark plugs would be black and not white/brown

I thought that to. Couldn't understand why one plug was so clean. Went to the point of doing a piston job and all. Now not having good spark might do it as will. Wouldn't you think

Quote Originally Posted by Riko View Post
    Welcome to GH!

IMO some ideas to try..
    1)Fire it up on trailer with water hose and check if it hits rev limiter
    2)check for any pressure leakage(the collar from SC to TB for example)
    3)Does your TB opens 100%?Just sayin....
    4)Do a compression test

Stock 215 SC produces approx. 7-8 psi of boost at 8k..just for the info
    Ok, need to check that rev limiter! Itīs a good idea.

TB opens 100% and intakemanifold seems to be ok.. I did take that IC out and try to check both well.

That sc to tb pipe is also ok.

have to make that compression test but it runs so fine in low rpm that I guess its ok.. I guess starting and good idle would be biggest problems with low comp/ melted pistons etc.

Thanks for tips!

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Have you checked your intake grate, pump bearings, prop, wear ring, Nose cone lately?

What mods do u have on the ski?
    What size prop are u running?

Ski have no mods at all.. Except prop is something else than original said last owner. But he didnīt know what it was. Something like "Stage1" .. But it have been working well for some time now so I donīt think this problem connects to that.

I did check those propulsion parts and intake grate to see if there is somekind of stuck -> didnīt see any problems.

Let say pump bearings are bad(?).. can it "brake" that engine so much down that it wont take full rpm or even close? I have tough that pump problems takes speed down and engine goes more easily to RPM limiter?

I know that my engine/pump lining is not 100% straight. No tools to make that correctly and engine was out when I bought this. But it have been working quite well that aprox 15h before this problem came.. No carbon seal leaking etc. Some bearings might still be shot because of that possible lining issue?

What I should look and how I should check that Propulsion system?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by travis ingram View Post
    I have think if itīs possible that original intake collapse somehow when there is more rpm/agressive suction by SC,, very little air and super rich mix?? => I have now that homemade 3" air filter fitted direct to sc. => see easily if it helps.

I have feeling that those sparkplugs was quite black always when ski worked well. they look now really weird. It might be there is so much fuel now that itīs wash those plugs really clean.. or then itīs so lean that burning is "perfect" but propably too hot for boosted ski..

Some MAP sensor fail might also make some super lean conditions.. Any ideas how to test it without tester/Buds?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information