+1

Question Fresh motor - injector/oiling/break-in questions

Have installed a fresh rebuild, and since a couple years have passed by, I'm trying to recall some settings.

There is a line marker at the front of the injector which should be set to vertical. But is it to be set straight up and down when the carbs are fully closed without accelerator cable attached, or, once idle is set (3k out of water)?

The other thing is, I see a few air bubble in the hoses (past the injector) leading to the engine.
    I have primed it well past and cleared that air out, but I see (a day after) that there is air in them again.
    Is this normal, and will it escape fast enough not to do harm?
    (image attached)
    For the break-in, I've added 2oz of BRP 2 stroke oil to each gallon of mid grade, plus I'll be running the injector.
    But if I decide to eliminate the injector all together, and run on just premix, what should the quantity/ratio be for the break-in, and then thereafter?
    Thanks in advance to any replies

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01541.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	338407

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01543.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	338408

run 2 oz of oil per gallon for the first 10 gallons. After the break in, if you decide to premix, run at 40:1.
    When you filled up the oil tank, did you bleed the oil pump? There's a bleeder screw that you should open to bleed the air out of the lines. If you switch to premix, remember to leave the oil tank and the oil loop intact.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by howardrya View Post
    run 2 oz of oil per gallon for the first 10 gallons. After the break in, if you decide to premix, run at 40:1.
    When you filled up the oil tank, did you bleed the oil pump? There's a bleeder screw that you should open to bleed the air out of the lines. If you switch to premix, remember to leave the oil tank and the oil loop intact.
    Yes, I did bleed the pump. That's what is confusing me about the air I'm seeing in the lines. Can it be dripping out of the nipples at the engine intake side, thus causing air to creep back up? I don't recall seeing this happen in the past to a couple of skis I rebuilt. The oil should be thick enough to stay in the line behind the nipple, then again, it has been near 100 degrees here, so could be thinning out enough to pass by? (I wonder)

So if I bypass the injector for the break-in, would that mean I should be running 40:1 + an extra 2oz/gallon?

Thread Information