03 gp1300 needs your expert advise

Hi GH users! This is my first post and I just signed up but I need your expertise. I've had a very reliable waiverraider 700 for two years now. I just picked up a 1300. It drove great for the first 3 hours. It currently has 95 hrs on it. I have two issues. I noticed the exhaust studs were broke so I tried to re tap it and put in bolts but I snapped two sets already. The bolt carrier that the bolt passes through prior to going into the pipe is oblong. I'm thinking that why I keep snapping new bolts? I'v ordered a used set on ebay. Is this a known issue? My second issue. After installing the exhaust I took it for a test run. I noticed a lot of hesitation and the warning light came on. The odometer turned off, while the warning light stayed on and the hesitation was there. I took the ski out of the water, bought new plugs (br8-es11) and went back in. The light turned off, odometer worked, no codes showed up but I still have hesitation. The ski makes a popping sound at low end and on the throttle. At 1/4 throttle the ski runs smooth but has no power then cuts out at the high end (40mph) The ski ran great prior to taking the exhaust off. The only mod I have is a d plate and chip. Ski has a full tank. I checked and I have spark in all 3 cylinders. I also tested the compression and i'm running 115 in all 3. I made sure all the hoses were on and no frays in the plug wires. The only thing I did wrong prior to taking it out was overfill the oil. it's still injected. I just wiped up the mess and continued on. I don't think that's the issue but figured I'd share. Can my power valves be stuck closed? I hear the normal test cycle. If it cycles though does it mean they are fine? Possible clogged fuel filter? The ski starts so I don't think that's it but I need your expert advise! Any help is much appreciated. I'm located in Northeast Ct.

**Update** I found that the ski is missing the exhaust stay under the stinger. It took me a while to figure this out but thanks to staring at a pipe for hours on end and the yamaha parts website I was able to put two and two together. This should solve my first issue. Anyone on the hesitation? Any feedback is very much appreciated!

+1
    A tip on the exhaust is to get all the bolts in, head, stay on cyl, and rear to block, then slowly tighten them to get everything lined up well before tightening to spec. That will help keep from getting them in a bind and possibly breaking another one. Something else it could be the stud holes have been made oblong because someone milled the heads but did not put shims under the two head brackets to compensate for the milled head. That would put the studs in a bind when tightened down.
    About the hesitation, maybe you strained a plug wire and it is shorting out under load, or some other wiring get messed up while working on exhaust.

Thread Information