Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

short and sweet and stupid-ski fell off trailer and was one with the boat ramp..

Yeah,
    Rushed at the ramp when coming in instead of using the hook at the end of the trailer line I used the lanyard looped it through the eye on the ski and then to the hook.. proceeded up the ramp and
    the rest is dumb ass history...

My question to anyone who wants to comment.. it was totally my fault there is no one to blame but me.

Besides a hull fracture, hairline cracks and not keeping water out... is there any thing that I should be on the lookout for? I mean are there any hull integrity tests?(other than water in the hull to see if it leaks out) with the help of some good people at the ramp I was able to get it back on the trailer and get it all flushed out- it still runs.. I'm told it hit rear first then the front.

The bottom will need some EPOYXING.. The damage is not that bad-it could have been worse.. I repaired hulls before so that I can take care of. Do I have to worry about motor mounts, engine shifting or perhaps having the intake re done...? it was pretty weird seeing my U250X without any water underneath it. I have not done a total inspection yet. I flushed,soaped,rinsed,Fluid filmed the important bits I ran out of light.

Thanks.

+1
    I let a friend take mine. It came off the trailer at 30 mph down the street. Minimal damage. I ended up re gelcoating the bottom and haven't had a problem since. I wasnt even gonna fix it but i noticed the original gel coat was slowly coming off

+1
    GGG,
    That is comforting.... believe me.... I justcan believe it was so stupid and impatient... going to replace strap and hook tomorrow.. start re gel coating wed.... and good from there.... damn u250 is a heavy ski...

Thanks for the reply.

The Ultra Hull is the toughest one out there. As long as it didn't land on anything "pointed" on the ramp I too think you will be OK. Some gel coat repair and you should be OK. JB

+1
    John,
    Thanks for the reply. I hope so.. The only thing pointed is my head after today.

+1
    Wouldn't hurt to check to see if the ride plate didn't shift.

+1
    Thanks... it DID hit stern first....
    I wonder if it should be removed to see if it bent.... tomorrow I'm going to start wiggling things to see if anything loosened up thanks for the suggestion

Banned User
    +1
    My 300 has been off roading before. From personal experience make sure no ride plate,sponson, intake grate bolts are bent. You'll have to take them out to notice it, mine looked fine but definitely werent.

+1
    Thanks for the reply.
    I thought I was the only person to have this happen to.Stupidity is going to cost me money-good thing I guess This will insure that I don't do this again.

2 weeks ago I saw some poor bastard who's Boston whaler did the same thing on a busy road, lower unit was all messed up... I was less than compassionate when the cops and fire dept finally let us go past.

Normally, I'm a good guy.

Karma's a bitch Aint it?

Quote Originally Posted by giguchan View Post
    ...2 weeks ago I saw some poor bastard who's Boston whaler did the same thing on a busy road, lower unit was all messed up... I was less than compassionate when the cops and fire dept finally let us go past.

Normally, I'm a good guy.

Karma's a bitch Aint it?
    Can be Gig but dont beat yourself up for too long over this! Ive never taken ski "offroading" but I did try "offramping" with my 250! I forgot to lock winch on ramp and as I pulled forward the ski slid halfway off and went thud on concrete. Nothing like that had ever happened to me before. There were a lot of people at ramp that day who saw it happen. Talk about embarrassing. But, 4 or 5 guys appeared from nowhere and hoisted old Blue's ample rear end back on bunk and said good luck. I thanked everybody and then slunk out of there in a hurry. Once I got home I was relieved to see no damage other than scrape on ride plate. Hopefully you will not have much damage either and be good to go. Take care Gig and good luck!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information