Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

310R Kawi Supercharged vs FZR R&D Turbo

I posted this video over here as well because some of Ultra riders wanted me to take some video's of both my skis racing side by side, so here is a video of both my skis today. I ran them several times all over the lake and the outcome was pretty much the same every time. Both my skis pretty much have the same upgrades(Reflash, Prop, Intake Grate, Ride Plate ect, all of which are R&D), however, my FZR has the R&D Turbo. This video is not to bash the 310 in any way because I enjoy both platform's. Both platform's have their pros and cons. I really love the 310 Kawi because the bottom and the throttle are quite impressive. I heard a lot of talk about this "Turbo Lag" so I wasn't sure how my FZR would do bottom end vs my 310 because the throttle response is damm nice. I was quite impressed how the Turbo performed. My 310R is heading to Lake Havasu this Wednesday to have the R&D Turbo installed on it as well. I'm excited to see the outcome once it's installed. I will keep you posted... Enjoy the video!!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Do a dead stop stop start.....
    then do 1 on normal water.....

not bashing . But for that amount of money I expected a bigger difference on glass anyway

and considering really its a stock 310 with a ECU , makes you have to wonder
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 08-12-2014 at 02:45 AM.

3. +1 by:

+1
    How fast is the Yamaha is going ?!
    Do it from from idle, and you will feel the turbo lag as Waz stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Olomana View Post
    How are you tuning that thing? Do you have data log off of it?

Andy

Your FZR is a real Beast, that's for sure. It would be interesting to know how much wind chop it would take for the outcome to be different (I don't think it would take much). JB

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Do a dead stop stop start.....
    then do 1 on normal water.....

not bashing . But for that amount of money I expected a bigger difference on glass anywah
    As I said. I did several tests. Some from an idle and that 1 was 3mph. The outcome was virtually the same every time. I could post more videos here, but you would be watching the same thing every time...

My GoPro was on the side of my head for a better View. I think I was a good 10-15 Skis a head or more in a 15-20 sec Drag. I think it did O.K... My FZR is still running 91 oct Pump gas at 14lb of boost for safer Rec riding. The amount of money was well worth it. First, who it was built buy, a great company product, reliable ski and I got rid of that nasty Yami clutch...

My FZR is doing a solid 84.0 and my 310R is doing average 74.0.

No difference from idle start to 3mph start. Some times I would jump him by 1 boat and sometime he would jump me by 1 boat. It was who ever squeezed the trigger that .5 of a sec first.

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Your FZR is a real Beast, that's for sure. It would be interesting to know how much wind chop it would take for the outcome to be different (I don't think it would take much). JB
    I can tell the difference running across the lake on my FZR vs the 310. The 310 is like a luxury couch watching TV and eating Popcorn. My FZR is like holding onto a Bull for 8 sec and hope you don't get wet(not really that bad, but it's a chore)... LoL. We testing across the Lake as well where boats/jet skis were running around making chop and the outcome was the same, however, it was lake chop and a non windy day so the chop was not that bad. 6inchs to 1ft. I'm sure on a more choppy day the 310 would run even closer.

I can say this tho... The FX of Mike Kilppenstein I rode in Havasu that my ski is built like with the R&D Turbo, sticks and cuts through the water the same or even greater than the 310. When I jumped on it in Havasu, I was quite amazed how it just went straight, stuck to the water with very little or no bucking. The FX seems to be the Ski I might own in the future or depending on how the R&D Turbo works on my 310. It will give my elbows less of a work out and last me longer, LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    How are you tuning that thing? Do you have data log off of it?

Andy
    Bill Chapin does all my Tuning and Testing for me. I do not have Data logs of anything.

+1
    As others have said.. Test it at idle

In your VID your engine was spooled up and hence overcoming/minimizing Turbo lag

I'm not anti Turbo, choice all depends on what your needs are

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information