Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

sc clutch 13.7 hours

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20140811_201619.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	338555

Well here is a pic of my clutch with 13 hours. apparently my riding habits need to be modified or I need another vxr to hot dog around on. It was pretty easy to get apart only took about half an hour. new clutch should be here tomorrow. I just wish the would cost a little less than $430. now I will have to tame my riding down cause this could get costly. . Oh well I had a helluva good time finding out the strength of a clutch. I'd do it the same even if I had a redo...

+1
    You need to go pro yourself riding.. I want to know what it takes to do that lolol

Glad everything else is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post

Well here is a pic of my clutch with 13 hours. apparently my riding habits need to be modified or I need another vxr to hot dog around on. It was pretty easy to get apart only took about half an hour. new clutch should be here tomorrow. I just wish the would cost a little less than $430. now I will have to tame my riding down cause this could get costly. . Oh well I had a helluva good time finding out the strength of a clutch. I'd do it the same even if I had a redo...
    Your self observation is good and I would agree. You cannot beat those Clutches to death like a Rented Mule.

You should make sure that no loose pieces wound up in the bottom of the engine. JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post

Your self observation is good and I would agree. You cannot beat those Clutches to death like a Rented Mule.

You should make sure that no loose pieces wound up in the bottom of the engine. JB
    Everything was in tact when I pulled it out so I should be good.

+1
    Will, I bet most of the clutch damage happened when you were testing differant props on take off from a standing start to see which ones would hold your ski off the revlimiter. These clutches can not stand banging on the revlimiter much. Tommy Jordan

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Wow run the same setup......you wore that thing out lol I got 40hr on mine so far

+1
    If you have a 2013 ski with 13 hours on it why is it not under warranty? Fyi the r&d super clutch shaft will help that clutch last but it's $$$

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bscpaint View Post
    If you have a 2013 ski with 13 hours on it why is it not under warranty? Fyi the r&d super clutch shaft will help that clutch last but it's $$$
    The service manager at the one local dealer is cool and would hook me up but it would weeks until they would get to it. riding season is short enough..

+1
    I hear that Will, I'm getting about 20-25 hours a clutch on my personal rigs. I probably ride similar to you and I just keep doing it because that's what I like to do. I go through about 3 clutches a season. It doesn't bother me anymore. I just change the clutch when I change the oil lol. It's a $500 oil change every 25 hours but whatever. I was getting flak last year when I was telling people my 13 clutches were failing like the other clutches were and a lot of people were claiming I was full of crap and that no one else was having an issue and blah blah blah and since then, there has been many people like yourself that has found out that the clutches will still fail at some point. Now there is the '14 version but I don't think it will be much better than the '13 as far as longevity but I will humor myself and pick one up after this next clutch failure and see how long this one will last. The biggest thing for me as far as longevity has been the R&D idler gear lightening service and the BOV with the 3lb spring. Before that I was getting maybe 10-15 hours a clutch on my stage 2 sho and fzr with just the BOV with an 8lb spring.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot785 View Post
    I hear that Will, I'm getting about 20-25 hours a clutch on my personal rigs. I probably ride similar to you and I just keep doing it because that's what I like to do. I go through about 3 clutches a season. It doesn't bother me anymore. I just change the clutch when I change the oil lol. It's a $500 oil change every 25 hours but whatever. I was getting flak last year when I was telling people my 13 clutches were failing like the other clutches were and a lot of people were claiming I was full of crap and that no one else was having an issue and blah blah blah and since then, there has been many people like yourself that has found out that the clutches will still fail at some point. Now there is the '14 version but I don't think it will be much better than the '13 as far as longevity but I will humor myself and pick one up after this next clutch failure and see how long this one will last. The biggest thing for me as far as longevity has been the R&D idler gear lightening service and the BOV with the 3lb spring. Before that I was getting maybe 10-15 hours a clutch on my stage 2 sho and fzr with just the BOV with an 8lb spring.
    I'll try to adjust my riding but I like to horse around and have fun so the life of the next clutch remains to be seen. It would be nice if you could rebuild these things instead of buying the whole assembly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information