iBR and waer ring

Sucked up some fishing line that damaged the wear ring. How do I get the iBR bucket the hell outta the way so I can change the ring?
    Last edited by crueldude; 08-11-2014 at 11:29 PM.

The manual is pretty much a must on an IBR tear down. The specific pages have been posted before but I'd recommend getting the whole manual.

Damn. Was hoping there was a trick like the squeezing the throttle and pressing the start button dry hump deal.

+1
    Buckets pretty easy to remove. Has a Allen bolt on either side and then slides out.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I have a manual but never looked at a single page for this job. Don't know if the TX is different than the PX but...

You power the gauges, go to settings and turn "iBR overide" ON. Then trim all the way up. Now you can remove the (4) 13mm bolts on left and (3) 13mm bolts on right. You will use needle nose pliers to remove the (4) hollow shafts the bolts went through. Remove the 10mm nozzle/steering cable bolt. The steering nozzle, trim and iBR bucket come out together.

Its a little tight but easiest way I've found to do this. If you try to remove nozzle and iBR bucket separately, its a PITA.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    Damn. Was hoping there was a trick like the squeezing the throttle and pressing the start button dry hump deal.
    There is and it is clearly spelled out in your Owners Manual........you might want to read it.

cycle thru the menu to IBr Ovr, Set, IBr ON, use UP trim button to raise gate.

get a Shop Manual here www.brpmanuals.com

8. +1 by:

Thanks for the help all! I'll go through my manual. Didn't think it would be in there.

+1
    Don't know if you already finished the job. But as you have a ski with the pump bolted on the rideplate it's not necessary to remove the linkage. If you only planning to remove the pump.

1) With IBR override bring the bucket all the way down (reverse). Remove the 2 brass nuts / 2 plastic pieces / bolts to disconnect bucket.
    2) Raise the IBR all the way up (fwd). Remove DESS lanyard and tie up the 2 linkage arms with a wire or similar.
    3) Now remove bucket and pump
    4) In this way you prevent that you have to unbolt the linkage from the IBR actuator shaft and have to put all back with loctite etc.
    5) After placing back pump and bucket just bring down the linkage again (IBR override reverse) and connect to bucket.

Removing the linkage and bucket together at once is not that difficult. But putting it all back together in once is.....well you need some patience.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6732.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	338825

Thread Information