Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

thinking of getting cam for my turbo sho

hi all

im thinking of getting cams for my turbo ski , but im not sure what to look for

there is the riva cams VS R&D RC2 cams , which one of those i will benefit the most on my turbo set up ?

+1
    Contact web cams and see which grind they offer would work best with a turbo charger. They have 7-8 different grinds

R&D has the turbo Yamaha stuff figured out pretty well. Bill likes the 2014 SVHO exhaust cam for the turbo. He has also had good results with the R2 intake cam along with the 2014SVHO exhaust cam. Set R&D intake cam geat at 10A. Another option is the R1 exhaust and R2 intake combo(that is what is in Bills personal FZR).

+1
    Funny. I talk to R&D today and they told me the SVHO exhaust cam is garbage!!!

they told me the engine chockes and it will not go pass 84-85 MPH. I am going with their R3 grind and they will reflash my ECU to match it up to the cams, Julio...

When did you get a turbo Julio? He was asking about cams for a turbo setup. Just gave some info specific to turbos that have been tested to work pretty well. He didn't ask for cams for a supercharged setup. Sams turbo boat runs an easy 85 to 86 and could go much faster with upgrades still using svho exhaust cam. If he had asked regarding a supercharger cam spec the recommendation would have been different for sure.

+1
    According to Glenn at R&D the SVHO exhaust cam was designed to decrease engine horse power. I ask him what I should do knowing I will go with a turbo in the future and he told me there just isn't enough flow through the engine when using the SVHO OEM exhaust cam.

Dont shoot the messanger, Julio...

+1
    Here we go....

+1
    woow easy guys , thanks for the info you have provided

but im not interested in the SVHO cams , im looking at web cams and R&D RC2 im not looking for an very very aggressive cams , i want to use my ski everyday without having issues .

thanks isa....

+1
    No problem. As Jerry and he will have the same answer, R&D RC3!!!!

Thats the route I'm taking, Julio...

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjammer121 View Post
    When did you get a turbo Julio? He was asking about cams for a turbo setup. Just gave some info specific to turbos that have been tested to work pretty well. He didn't ask for cams for a supercharged setup. Sams turbo boat runs an easy 85 to 86 and could go much faster with upgrades still using svho exhaust cam. If he had asked regarding a supercharger cam spec the recommendation would have been different for sure.
    Hey jet How are ya . Might as well throw my hat in the ring. Me and Glenn(R&D) have been going back and fourth with this. What's the difference man... Both do the same fking thing.....

Yes turbo using exhaust to create boost and a supercharger is using the motor's internals to create boost. Supercharger's will always produce boost faster without lag and without help and can only be intensified with the help of NOS, Tunes,etc.

Turbo's are the Equalizer how much power can You make with how much Boost and how Much effort????

Whats the sacrifice, there is in Drag racing, but it is overcomed with NOS, Proper tunes, etc.

Now with all that being Said the engine still Has to breathe!!! I will agree that a turbo will produce better results than a Supercharger any day in the long run... However it will never be what I will choose for a Drag scenerio. If You are gonna sit here and say the SVHO Exhaust cam is the way to go... Yo may need to go and get a SVHO and see what there all about

Just my two Wooden pennies

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information