+1

Trip to Bimini Bahamas 2up

Has anyone made the trip to Bimini riding 2 up on a ski just curious how realistic this is? i have done plenty of riding 2 up offshore but never this far or long. also the conditions offshore around where I live are usually chopped out so I have experienced bad conditions like this and its usually just slow going.

+1
    I wouldn't do it, it's hard to stand up with 2 people, and when your crossing through the gulf stream things can get a bit rough. I haven't done it but am dying to, and have asked the phillyaquaholics crew for lots of advice. I'd hit them up with questions. That's their screen name on youtube, and they have a post on here in the vids section. If you plan on doing it, let me know when. I would consider tagging along if the timing is right. Good luck..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
    I wouldn't do it, it's hard to stand up with 2 people, and when your crossing through the gulf stream things can get a bit rough. I haven't done it but am dying to, and have asked the phillyaquaholics crew for lots of advice. I'd hit them up with questions. That's their screen name on youtube, and they have a post on here in the vids section. If you plan on doing it, let me know when. I would consider tagging along if the timing is right. Good luck..
    Someone in their group rode 2 up when they did their trip I forgot about that. Maybe I will try and get a hold of them thanks. We are going in a month.

+1
    It's definitely possible,I am just saying I wouldn't do it personally. And keep us updated, that is a trip that I have been itching to try for a while. My biggest issue is finding a place is new york city, or I mean miami-dade to park and keep the Jeep and trailer without it being molested..

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosguru7 View Post
    Has anyone made the trip to Bimini riding 2 up on a ski just curious how realistic this is? i have done plenty of riding 2 up offshore but never this far or long. also the conditions offshore around where I live are usually chopped out so I have experienced bad conditions like this and its usually just slow going.
    We just did that trip a couple of weeks ago.
    2-300x two people each.
    It is hard on your body and the passenger but it is doable. On the way there it was a bit choppy and it took us about 3 hours to do the crossing without the wives complaining. On the way back it was very smooth and it only took us 2.25 hrs.
    Just make SURE you keep your eye on the weather, have satellite phones, locator beams, and be prepared and willing to abort the trip and come back to miami/bimini if it is too rough.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chemi19 View Post
    2-300x two people each.
    It is hard on your body and the passenger but it is doable. On the way there it was a bit choppy and it took us about 3 hours to do the crossing without the wives complaining. On the way back it was very smooth and it only took us 2.25 hrs.
    Just make SURE you keep your eye on the weather, have satellite phones, locator beams, and be prepared and willing to abort the trip and come back to miami/bimini if it is too rough.
    Chemi19 thats what I was looking for thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by chemi19 View Post
    2-300x two people each.
    Chemi19 thats what I was looking for thanks for the input!
    No problem,
    If you have any questions just let me know

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
    It's definitely possible,I am just saying I wouldn't do it personally. And keep us updated, that is a trip that I have been itching to try for a while. My biggest issue is finding a place is new york city, or I mean miami-dade to park and keep the Jeep and trailer without it being molested..
    When we went last year, we used Crandon Park Marina. No probelems. I think they are planning to use it again this year. Alas, I'm not going this year.

10. +1 by:

Thread Information