Running premix, but keeping the oil pump installed with capped lines... 1999 Genesis

I'm wanting my brother to run premix due to his lack of maintenance, but I'm wanting to keep all of the oil injection parts installed. Can I just pull and plug the oil lines? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Jake

Anyone? My brother is leaving in 2 hours and I'd love to know what to do regarding the above post. Thanks!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jakew4 View Post
    Anyone? My brother is leaving in 2 hours and I'd love to know what to do regarding the above post. Thanks!
    Honestly the best approach is to check all the oil hoses and clamps. If all is good then continue to use the oil injection system and keep the oil tank topped up with high quality 2-stroke oil.

Premixing oil into the gasoline is a hassle and has potential for getting the ratio incorrect during refueling.

Leaving the oil pump installed but disconnected is not recommended. Rushing to delete the oil pump before the brother leaves town seems unnecessary.

A small amount of oil mixed into the fuel tank might ease your worries. Perhaps 60:1 or thereabouts. Not so much oil that the engine smokes excessively, but enough to keep it alive if the oil injection were to fail.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    If this is a fuel injected engine (Genesis FFI) then the oil injection system is mandatory and cannot be removed.

Thread Information