Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,253
    +1
    990

    What's it gonna take to get a 2009 SHO to hit 73-75 on GPS ?

    Like the title says. What's it gonna take to get a 2009 SHO to hit 73-75 on GPS ?


  2. #2
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    I had a package remove from my own sho doing 77.6 and its for sell on the classified , if you want this as a package let me know and I will cut you a deal. I will post a link to the add.

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221583

  3. #3
    VinceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Palmetto, Florida, United States
    Posts
    727
    +1
    56
    One simple answer. Money $3-4K because if you have to ask then you probably don't have the skills to do the wrench work yourself...I don't.

    I have nothing but bolt ons on my 2010 SHO which gets me to 70 consistently and the occasional 71. Work was done by Jim's Performance here on the west coast of Central Florida who you can reach here through the forum. Jim is pretty much the performance expert for FX and FZ SHOs and knows how to get you there without wasting a bunch of money. Have him do the work if you can but if you just need advice he shares his knowledge freely because he is passionate about skis.

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Houston Tx
    Posts
    210
    +1
    27
    I am no mechanic by any means! However, I have read and gotten familiar with my ski over the years. The only thing that I didnt do to my ski myself was re-pitch the impeller and cut the ride plate. This was done by Jim and Richard. Your goals are really easy to meet. Take a look and my signature for the parts list.

  6. #5

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    788
    +1
    90

    What's it gonna take to get a 2009 SHO to hit 73-75 on GPS ?

    Get your ECU reflashed to R3. Jim's cut plate and the riva Solas 13/22. That should get you the 73-75

    Jim's plate was the best bang for the buck on my 2009 FX. That netted me 3.5mph alone.
    Last edited by nashvegas; 08-15-2014 at 05:28 PM.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #6
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,577
    +1
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Like the title says. What's it gonna take to get a 2009 SHO to hit 73-75 on GPS ?
    I agree with comments on Jim's performance; he has helped a lot of people on this forum. By the way, I think you will find this thread of his interesting...

    "SHO on a Budget"
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108695

  9. #7
    Lakeside518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Clifton Park, NY
    Posts
    265
    +1
    16
    It can be done with the stock wheel. A Riva Stage I kit with an R3 tune and a good aftermarket intercooler will do the trick. Either a Riva IC or a Fizzle.

  10. #8
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,253
    +1
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post
    One simple answer. Money $3-4K because if you have to ask then you probably don't have the skills to do the wrench work yourself...I don't.
    Well, I was a mechanic for several years, wrenched for a racing team, have built countless motors (NA and FI), laptop tuned many EFI cars I have owned, built and tuned numerous suspension kits, my own alignments, ring and pinion setup and just recently split the cases (rebuilt from mains up) on a supercharged Seadoo that spit the chain and bent some valves. I'd say just because I ask does not mean I am unskilled. I have been wrenching for almost 30 years. I just dont want to waste my money on mods that prove unfruitful.

    About the only things I refuse to do are rebuild a transmission and plumbing in my home. If I touch it, it will leak, guaranteed.


  11. #9
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,143
    +1
    255
    Reflash ecu to R3, jims plate, intake manifold mod, pitch impeller. Your set 75 easy

  12. #10
    planiack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Punta Gorda
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post
    One simple answer. Money $3-4K because if you have to ask then you probably don't have the skills to do the wrench work yourself...I don't.
    Well, I was a mechanic for several years, wrenched for a racing team, have built countless motors (NA and FI), laptop tuned many EFI cars I have owned, built and tuned numerous suspension kits, my own alignments, ring and pinion setup and just recently split the cases (rebuilt from mains up) on a supercharged Seadoo that spit the chain and bent some valves. I'd say just because I ask does not mean I am unskilled. I have been wrenching for almost 30 years. I just dont want to waste my money on mods that prove unfruitful.

    About the only things I refuse to do are rebuild a transmission and plumbing in my home. If I touch it, it will leak, guaranteed.

    NA and FI are the same. I think you mean NA and SC or TC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What does it feel like to wipe out at 70 mph?
    By pyroseth in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 03:06 PM
  2. Thinking of converting carb'd to FI, what's it gonna take?
    By thetolleyman in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 08:37 AM
  3. ULTRA 260X what does it take to hit 71/72
    By Pooper_Scooper in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM
  4. Whats it take to run a Rude1 on an X?
    By Gus13letter in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 06:20 PM
  5. So, Whats it gonna take to fix this?
    By ou812 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •