+1

OPAS Block Off Thoughts

I am looking into making/ purchasing some O.P.A.S. Block Offs for my RXP-X

I have read multiple threads onhere, but wanted some other peoples thoughts on my opinion.

Here it is: When I look behind me at any speed, I can see when the opas is dragging. Some people have said with proper "adjustment" of the opas system,you can reduce porpoising, and unnecessary drag, and the block offs are not worth the money. Others say that it is night and day in handling and ride between the 2, the blockoffs being the better choice. (this being the extended hull version)

I am most likly going to buy a set, because from what I hear is that experienced riders will love them. less off throttle turning, but any monkey knows that a PWC requires throttle to turn. Also, I have notice little turning help off throttle compared to older seadoos. From what I have read, wave to wave is smoother, and overall feel of the ski is more trusting and comfortable. I have also read that lowering the sponsons gains dramatic handling advantages compared to the OPAS.

IMO, the rxp/ rxp-x skies are not for beginners, therefore should not have feature to tailor to beginners. Currently I enjoy the comfort of my dad's '02 XP in rough water, and wave jumping. My rxp-x feels as though it stops very quickly after jumping a wave, and I hear the opas block offs with the hull extensions greatly improves this.

If you have this kit, what kit do you have, and do you recomend it.

If you do not have the kit, not to be an ass, but I don't care. I do not like the way my ski feels after jumping waves and I would really like to know if anybody with the kit would not recommend buying it.

From an engineering stand point, I understand completely how these can improve performance,but I also understand how theory and real life differ.

Thanks for the input.

+1
    What year RXPX? 08-11 change the stock intake grate out. R&D or WORX grate. The ski will feel a lot better in the rough stuff.

+1
    The R and D grate is a great improvement and worth the money. If you want hull extensions, the Fizzle hull extendions work great and go all the way to the back of the hull. If you just want to get rid of the opas, you can just buy the block off plates to save money if you do not plan on doing a lot of upgrades. This is all my recomendations based on the 08-11 px as well.

+1
    I ride 95% sea only varying upto heavy 8ftplus on bad days and the worx grate for the p-x was hands down the best for where I ride and I used riva and rnd aswell.
    Holeshot was stronger,turning was better and stayed hooked up by far the best.
    I modded my opas on the 08 so they wernt dragging as much but didn't feel they were loosing me speed poss if u ride flat they would.
    just my opinion of course but for me I'd keep them and fit a good grate.

+1
    You really don't need Pro-BOs with an PX. I have ran up to 85mph with OPAS on the PX no problems at all. You could just run BO's plates and delete OPAS on a PX.

Grates depend on your top speed the PX can do. The RIVA stuffs the soonest and breaks. The WORX grate will not break,but stuffs sooner than an R&D. I never had an R&D PX grate break and you are pretty safe up to 78-80mph without stuffing.

+1
    it is a 2010. I have the r&d, but have yet to install. cleaning up the casting a bit.

Thanks for the input. I am planning to buy a set, then make a carbon fiber set. I do plan to upgrade more this winter. Right now it is all stock.

jp, when should I get some pressure relief valves? Once I hit 80?

Thread Information