Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Motor

+1

New Motor

Thinking about have Watercraft Technology rebuild my motor, Anyone ever use these guys?

+1
    Never head of them but I only have good things to say about PWC Engines in Long Island.

+1
    Yeah i gave that guy a call too but never recieved a call back.

+1
    You might research that a bit, maybe check BBB. I think that's that Howard dude.

+1
    Your 2 best options are:

A. Do it yourself with help on here, everything you need can be found on here if you do the research.
    B. Pay a reputable builder on here to do it for you. That will add up quick since you will have to pay labor and shipping.

I would avoid SBT or any other place that is offering a turn key motor in exchange cash and core. They are rebuilt with inferior parts and are no where near as good as an OEM motor. I know it sucks and you probably want to get it fixed asap as you have a few months of good riding left down in NC but I would bag this season and start working on it now. Getting familiar with it now will go a long ways in the long run and save you a lot of money.

hmmm, I have over 50 hours on each SBT engine in the boat, and boat engines work harder...

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    hmmm, I have over 50 hours on each SBT engine in the boat, and boat engines work harder...
    Better knock on wood.....

hahaha perhaps you don`t know of my work... they are built right and installed correctly, and maintained properly...

everyone has their own opinions. I have no problem voicing the good or the bad...

+1
    Many SBT motor are installed by do-it-yourselfers that are just "wingin it". They don't ever fix what caused the failure in the first place then they get online and start talking about crappy the engines are. I have seen several installed by dealers that barely lasted through the warranty period because of this install and go method. I have also seen many more that obviously have many hours with no issues. I have personally used TONS of their stuff without issues. I would not be afraid to do an exchange with them. You could also have it done by a board member or , as stated, do it yourself and learn about your machine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    hahaha perhaps you don`t know of my work... they are built right and installed correctly, and maintained properly...

everyone has their own opinions. I have no problem voicing the good or the bad...
    Good to see you around PR.

You are definitely an exception to this given that you know what to look for and the work you do is A+, but your average person doesn't know what they are getting when they just throw one of these in and hopes for the best. Didn't you have some teething issues with one of your motors from SBT?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information