Newbie Questions

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 2003 Yamaha GP 1300R. It has been a close mates for some time and he was finally ready for an upgrade. Being my first jetski I felt it was a good place to start both from a cost perspective and being 2 stroke I figured I could learn how it all works.

I have been doing plenty of reading on modifications as these ski's have now been around for quite a while. In all honesty, most of what I'm reading is over my head. I am eager to learn, but that will happen as I go.

The ski is almost completely stock with the exception of a solas impeller that was added after the previous owner sucked up some coral and had everything repaired.

It has just gone 100 hours and still runs the original cat

I'm about to put it in for a service and I assume this would be a good time to get them to make any modifications that I should/need to do.

From what I have read the below mods should be done before the cat falls apart:

D Plate
    Free Flow Exhaust
    Sensor Chip

I don't intend to race this ski, however a little bit more top speed and some better acceleration would be good to keep up with my mates on their supercharged seadoo's.

I ride in all sorts of conditions and do the odd bit of wave jumping.

All feedback would be appreciated.

Newport, NC
    Hey man,
    I would ditch the stock air box and go with flame arrestors, rejet your carb and go premix. As for the Wave Jumping installing Wave eater clips (if your PV arent updated) are a great idea also. That would set you up for success. PM me if you would like.

Newport, NC
    Also all those other mods are great but the ones i said will compliment the ones you already want to do.

Thread Information