Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2013 GTR 215 seat problems. Coming appart/molding UPDATE

So the seat on my GTR had the two rubber pieces next to the glove box come unglued, so I took it to the dealer. They re-glued it and the first time out it came un-glued again. So I called the dealer and told them and he said they would submit a claim to BRP. The dealership told me BRP would not warranty the seat as it wasn't significant enough. Although unhappy with the answer I just lived with it. Now 2 months later and 2 months outside of my factory warranty my seat has started to mold horribly. I just emailed BRP so I will keep this thread updated with there response. I feel as though I'm owed a new seat, does that seem out of line?

My ski stays in my climate controlled garage uncovered with the seat and all hatches cracked to allow air flow and to dry. So my lack of care being the cause is out the window.
    Last edited by Captain Spalding; 08-20-2014 at 10:29 AM.

+1
    Hi Cap
    My GTR is only 2 yr old but a year ago BRP replaced my seat as when I took it out of winter storage it was totally covered in Bluey /Pinkish circles.
    My Garage is heated and ventilated.
    I have to say BRP and my dealer were excellent.
    However the replacement seat was superior quality but I was warned it will never be replaced again.
    Also I always remove the seat and store it vertically.

Good Luck

Mark
    If you search the threads you will find the post with photos if they are similar maybe contact BRP again.

+1
    Yup been a couple guys with this problem, mine just started forming it and guess where it was stored at that time?? The dealer no less! I always rinse my ski down and store the seat vertical to let the water run out, I think this is the key to prevent it. I was doing with for 2 years not a problem till now. We will see what happens.

+1
    I wonder why Sea-Doo doesn't wrap the seat in plastic before installing the cover? It can't be that much more expensive. Seems like that would be a no brainer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    I wonder why Sea-Doo doesn't wrap the seat in plastic before installing the cover? It can't be that much more expensive. Seems like that would be a no brainer.
    No kidding. A lot cheaper than all the warranty replacement seats I would think.

+1
    Any bets on if/when BRP responds?

+1
    BRP responded and said to contact my dealer. Well no shit, I already did that and they said you declined the replacment. That's why I contacted you! I'll call my dealer tomorrow and see what they say. I have a feeling I'm going to get the run around on this one.

+1
    Much to my surprise they didn't fight me this go around and my new seat is waiting at the dealership to be picked up.

So it's been 7 days since I was last in the water and my old seat STILL has water in it. Whenever I get home from the lake I do a final wipe down,open the hatches and pull the seat back 6 inches or so to let drain/air out. What should I be doing differently?

+1
    How is it getting soaked with water so bad to begin with? Those missing rubber pieces? Some people take their seat off and stand it up against something so gravity can help drain any water.

+1
    It's never been submerged or flipped. Only gets wet from riding, I do ride aggressively. The kiddos love when I do tight circles and "submerge the front". Doesn't really go under just sends a blast of water over the front. I'm thinking about warping the foam in plastic,just not sure what plastic to use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information