Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

OFFSHORE FISHING MATAGORDA TEXAS Monday August 18, 2014

OK, I will be fishing offshore from Matagorda on Monday. Anyone and everyone are invited to join. The Gulf is pretty big so it'll hold a few skis without too much crowding I think. LOL

Anyways, the details so far are:
    Meeting and launching at 6:30 am from
    Rawlings Bait Camp
    4532 FM 2031
    Matagorda, TX

Post up here if you can and want to make it. If you need to contact me, I can be reached at Rev dot Chuck dot Kimball at hot mail dot com or by cell at 9 seven nine three 2 zero seven five 1 six

The weather should be decent but breezy so it will certainly be a little rough. However, I expect it will be quite do-able for us and fishing should be pretty good for Kings, Lings, and Spanish with plenty of other species possible.
    Anyone else game? We will probably not go out more than 10-12 miles unless it is smoother than I expect, but that still gives considerable structure and water to fish. Last Monday there were many workups going on out there too. We caught Bonita, Spanish Mackerel, King Mackerel, Almaco Jack, Ladyfish, a large bonnethead shark, a smaller BT shark, and we had at least 5 fish we never saw that were probably bigger than anything we actually got in. I want another crack at those guys. There's bait out there and there's fish so we oughta be able to catch something.
    Last edited by Rev Ryder; 08-15-2014 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Additional Info

+1
    This trip is now pushed back to Monday the 25th of August. The one week delay hopefully will allow some others to make it and offer some better winds. Today the forecast looks like hot hot hot and sunny on the 25th. It also is calling for a little less wind. Don't know the swell forecast yet though.

SO THIS TRIP IS POSTPONED ONE WEEK TO MONDAY AUGUST 25th

+1
    ALRIGHT!
    The weather forecast currently for Matagorda on Monday is 94*F, SUNNY, 11 mph wind out of the south, and very low wave energy. It is looking about as good as it gets. Not completely flat, but probably more comfortable due to at least the slight wind. Very small swells and very small wind waves. This is gonna be a great day. Add in a New Moon that rises at 7:01am (Sunrise is 6:59) and it should make for a great day of fishing. I'm sure looking forward to getting out there on Monday. Join me if you can. Rawlings Bait Camp ramp at 6:30 am. Bring your sunscreen. The UV index is 11.

+1
    Leaving in a few hours. This trip sure looks like it should produce something. New moon, calm water (for the Texas Gulf that is), an approaching cold front... something is bound to be caught. If you make it, we'll see you there.

+1
    How did you do?

+1
    Kings, Lings, Almaco Jack, and Triggers. Life is good. It was VERY hot out. The bite was a bit slower than expected, but I have never seen so many cobia EVER.

+1

+1
    Gee Zig, with all the excitement this thread generated I thought it was worthless to post any.

Me wrestling a Ling (Cobia).

One on the line and a half dozen followers the smallest of which was about 35 inches and the largest MAYBE 45.

Two of the several Kings Paul caught.

I can't believe this tiny snapper ate my mullet and 0/5 circle hook. None of his larger relatives were found.
    PPaul with one of several Kings he caught. Sorry for the quality. Had a dirty lens from scales and slime.

A pretty day and pretty water. Actually this was about MAYBE twelve miles out and the weed was reasonably light nearly everywhere except this area. Since it was different, it deserved fishing.

Last edited by Rev Ryder; 09-03-2014 at 03:54 PM.

+1
    Thanks! You know, good ol' Brian posts up lots of pics. And a few people comment on how much they enjoy them. But I guess most of us don't leave a comment even though we look.

+1
    Well no one is going to put MY photos in the same league with Brian's, that's for sure. LOL
    But we had a great time and caught some fish. Bad news was my FX lost oil pressure and Paul had to tow me six miles back. I felt so bad for him, but was certainly glad he was there. It was a blessing to have help. Just a reminder that it's always good to have company out there. Offshore boats have multiple engines for a reason. One to get out and as many as four more to get home. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information