Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Need info on this

Can anyone give me some info on this. I bought a box of parts from hot seat last summer and there were a few of these in there. I'm assuming it's similar to a jet works valve, but is it the same? Any advantage/disadvantages? Any info appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00201.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	20725  

+1
    That looks like the PRO model to me. I think if you rotate it you should be able to feel stops at both sides. It's an easier way to adjust the opening pressure for the stinger water. I don't know who manufactured or copied that one though...........
    Maybe he sold them to somebody and they added their logo and color??

http://www.jetworks.net/fc123.htm
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 04-05-2007 at 11:43 AM.

+1
    Thanks al, it must be a knock off version. It was in a box of parts i bought from hot seat last year along with a few more of them, and a cdi for a 1200 polaris and a programable cdi too. I bought the whole box for $10, along with a bunch of snowmobile parts too. They had boxes of heads there too, but i didn't feel like digging through them all. The heads were like $5 each. They had a complete 1050 motor for $400 too. I wish i would've bought that, but it sold right away after i snoozed. This was all out at Haydays grass drags last year in Minnesota. I should be able to run this on my 1050 right? That's the main reason i was asking, to make sure it's safe to run on my 1050.

+1
    It should be just fine, I'd test it and see how many pounds of pressure it takes to open. If I'm not mistaken you want somewhere between 1.5 and 3. crazya will know for sure, he loves to test his memory.

+1
    Well i started twisting on it thinking i might hit a stop, but it threaded right apart. Here's a pic. Not much to it. Now how do you check the pressure? I suppose you need a pop off tester(which i don't have)? I'll wait to see if Crazya chimes in with the correct pressure spec. too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00202.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	978.6 KB 
ID:	20730  

+1
    From Parker Yamaha
    Normally you want to run at four and a half PSI (Triple pipe systems usually run two and a half PSI). The valve is adjustable so you can get it down as low as half a PSI or up to 16-17 pounds of pressure. You will rarely have to run anything over 8 PSI.

+1
    Would you like to sell some?

+1
    At least I remembered the correct measurement for my triples.
    You have the basic model and you adjust the pressure using washers of varying thicknesses. The thicker, the higher the pressure before it allows the water to flow.
    Do you have a vacuum guage of any sort for testing?

Good memory BD, thanks!!

+1
    Actually Al i think this would be like the Pro version since just turning the body in or out will increase/decrease the spring tension and change pressure. The regular body must not turn, you take it apart and put in shims i'm assuming. I could be wrong though. Beerdart, thanks for the info. I'll have to look for the other ones to see how many i have. I wanna say there were three in there total, but it was last September, and i was gearing up for sleds, so these were the least of my concerns back then. I was lucky to find this one in my sea of junk collectibles, but i'll look for the other ones.

+1
    Can some one confirm the pressure setting for this? (Crazy A) I bought a pop off tester now and can set it, just want a confirmation on pressure, not that beerdart is wrong, just some reassurance. Also does anyone have a diagram on where exactly it goes on. I know it's the small tube on the pipe, but any specific place in it and what direction. I know i saw one before,but that might've been on pwc yesterday. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information