+1

2011 Sea Doo RXT is purchase concerns

Hey guys. Looking at a 2011 RXT is 260 with 30 hours on it for a really really decent price. I didn't really know much about the model so I am here asking you all. I read up
    on the warranty recall regarding the timing chain here, but is there anything else I should check? Is it common to get an inspection at a local shop before buying?

http://www.sea-doo.net/board/thread.asp?threadid=102730

+1
    Just have a dealer run the vin and see if it falls under the recall and also have the intercooler pressure tested . 2011 and up have had issues with leaking intercoolers, have it pressure tested to make sure it has not already leaked, and if you buy the ski replace with aftermarket IC. I have the same ski and love the suspension in the rough.

Does it have a warranty?

I have a 2011 and the only issue for me is been the intercooler that even after the update it went bad and leaked water into my engine but Seedoo took care of me and install a new at no charge, I now order a Riva Racing Stage 3 because I don't trust the OEM anymore

+1
    Thanks for the replys. No there's no warranty on it. I'll talk to the seller about getting the vin and getting it tested as well. I guess I should also ask what a fair price is? I was going off of Nada Guides and KBB

+1
    I paid 9200 with a single trailer and brp warranty untill 2016 for my 2011 rxt-is with 67 hrs back in early may of this yr.

At the least do a compression check, test ride it and make sure eveything works including the ibr and is, check for any codes on cluster of if you have a candoo or if possible ask local dealer to hook it up to buds.

You can also start a thread and ask for a member to run the vin for you.

+1
    I'm looking to pay $9400 for the same ski with a double trailer. I'll look into how to do the compression check myself. I just started looking at the candoo systems. I've always owns a code reader for whatever I owned so that just makes sense to have the same thing for the jet skis. Owning VW's the vagcom
    scanner had saved me a lot of money. The rxt I was looking at doesn't have a warranty, but would you happen to know about aftermarket extended warranty? I'm having trouble trying to find one online.
    Last edited by LETTERMAN52; 08-17-2014 at 04:14 PM.

+1
    As far as I know you can only get aftermarket as long as there is still a manufactures warranty left, My 1 ski has one and its from RPM ONE and they are worthless and will find every excuse to not pay a claim.

+1
    Compression test done. 140 across all cylinders. Dealership said they couldn't believe it only had 30 hours on it. Had them throw new spark plugs in while they were at it. Picking it up Saturday. Same day we are picking up a 2up spark for the wife. Thanks everyone for the insightful replies. I'll post up
    some detailed pics once I get it home.

Thread Information