Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

14 Vein Pump Issue - Built by LB Motorsports

Anyone purchase a 14 vein pump built by Rob at LB Motorsport's with any issues? The bearings in mine went bad after one run on the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FallinOffHurts View Post
    Anyone purchase a 14 vein pump built by Rob at LBso he Motorsport's with any issues? The bearings in mine went bad after one run on the ski.
    Have not purchased that specific pump but purchased lots of stuff from him and always received excellent service and exactly what I ordered. Have you tried contacting him so he would have a chance to review the problem and provide a solution?

3. +1 by:

+1
    I bought a Riva pump, brand new with brand new internals installed LB Motorsports. Haven't tried it yet. One thing I did notice is I could not turn it by hand like I could my stock pump, I had to use the tool and then it felt pretty snug. I torqued the impeller to spec. I am assuming it is ok and just snug. Since everything is apart, I'm going to run it for a few minutes on the hose without the carbon seal installed and then take the cone off and inspect it and see how It feels.

+1
    Mine trashed the bearings after just one day out. I am very particular about this ski and ensured the impeller was torqued to spec. I have contacted Rob and so far his proposed solution is to sell me a new set of pump internals at his cost as he states sea doo doesn't warranty pump parts. I am hoping he steps up with a better solution as he assembled the pump and should take responsibility for it and make it right.

+1
    I was going to hold off but after I read DinoMite's post I gave me flashbacks....not sure if this is the same thing happening here but.

There was an aftermarket pump manufacturer (different PWC) that machined the bearing bucket a little to tight. Bearings would be a little harder to spin by hand but after it all heated up (expand) it would wear out the bearings in no time. Sometimes it would take a week or two.

The fix in that specific situation was to sand the beading faces (OD) down a good bit and use USA made high end bearings.

+1
    Here's a vid of how loose the shaft / impeller is after removing the pump. The pump was removed to pitch the prop since the ski wasn't performing as it should with my current mods. That is how I found the issue. It could have been MUCH worse if it wasn't found this quickly.

+1
    Rob is one of the best guys to deal with. Hope it all gets worked out.

+1
    I haven't had any issues with anything else I've gotten from him until the pump. Problem resolution is what seperates the men from the boys when it comes to business. I'll keep you posted.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FallinOffHurts View Post
    Here's a vid of how loose the shaft / impeller is after removing the pump. The pump was removed to pitch the prop since the ski wasn't performing as it should with my current mods. That is how I found the issue. It could have been MUCH worse if it wasn't found this quickly.
    Obviously that doesn't seem right. Hope it works out for you.

+1
    Just to be clear DCC Motorsports had nothing to do with this pump assembly. In no way shape or form do I stand behind this joke but will help this person out to the end unlike the other.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information