Has anyone added cleats to their Ultra? (also Iceberg pics attached!)

After a beautiful w/e on the water with the two 300X's, we met up with some waverunners...... my wife and I were tied up to one another with a strap I made that basically goes around each of our handlebars..... I don't really like it... feels like i'm gonna damage or choke of a wire or cable at some point

The wave runners have a beautiful cleat system made into the hull.... I think i'm going to add them to my pwc's

Has anyone done this? Am I missing something here... does mine have a similar system that I cannot find?
    I really love the fact that the Yamaha's have such a great system that easily accessible while seated

I also added a couple pictures of some icebergs we seen this weekend.... the water temp was room temperature (21 degrees Celsius) ... we see these all the time... these much smaller than the usual ones... also makes for good ice for your drink!

Thanks guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0357.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	339109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0359.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	339110  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow icebergs!! Where's this? Don't these have the potential to flip a ski if they're hidden underwater?
    To tie one ski I use the front and back rings and carry a rope with hooks.

Ya what Slope said . . . holy Icebergs! It's the Icebergs sitting just under the water that could really cause a problem?

I never really used those cleats on my SHO. I thought they were clumsy to use. They are spring loaded (with a pretty stiff spring) . . . it's clumsy to get the rope in and out of those things IMO. JB
    Last edited by john belton; 08-18-2014 at 10:02 AM.

+1
    Someone has done this before. I forget the thread though, it has a title like "My 250x Projects". He added the same cleats you posted. I would like these as well but can't get it into my heart to put a hole in my hull.

I have two 300x's , the wife and I ride them all the time
    were also wanting to tie up to one another for a break or to admire icebergs
    i'm looking for an easy solution that can be used while seated

The icebergs are 90% underwater (the same as a icecube in your favorite drink) .. we don't ride over the subm,erged iceberg parts.. very easy to see them... the danger is when the iceberg splits in two.... it creates a huge wave that can flip you

i'll post some more pics for all to enjoy

this is in Newfoundland Canada (Most Eastern land in North America... its an island just above Nova Scotia.. who wants to come for a guided tour?)... the bergs are smaller now at the end of the summer.

6. +1 by:

+1
    You can put them them on the left and right front where you have access to that Huge storage area,you take out the bucket to get to the underside of the cleats BUT you have that plastic lining to deal with,if you want to drill that you're gonna need long bolts to reach thru top ,you drill thru and put an insert bracket or plate on the other side putting a thick slab polyurethane glue on the plate ,silicone or 5200 the holes on top..

If there's an old thread or another idea we would like to hear it...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by theherb View Post
    I have two 300x's , the wife and I ride them all the time
    were also wanting to tie up to one another for a break or to admire icebergs
    i'm looking for an easy solution that can be used while seated

The icebergs are 90% underwater (the same as a icecube in your favorite drink) .. we don't ride over the subm,erged iceberg parts.. very easy to see them... the danger is when the iceberg splits in two.... it creates a huge wave that can flip you

i'll post some more pics for all to enjoy

this is in Newfoundland Canada (Most Eastern land in North America... its an island just above Nova Scotia.. who wants to come for a guided tour?)... the bergs are smaller now at the end of the summer.
    I would be down for a tour as I live in Nova Scotia. Never knew something this cool could be so close to home!

9. +1 by:

Thread Information