Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Wink new rxp owner and need some advice

Hey everyone my name is Branden, I recently got bit by the ski bug and took the plunge and picked up a new 2014 rxp 260. I have been racing cars my whole life and currently have an 8 sec trans am so i know first hand how addicting speed can be, anyways to cut to the chase I am wanting to start modding this thing but they appear to be much different than a car per say. Any advice on how to pep this thing up a bit more in a budget friendly way? I have spoke to torx racing and riva and have started picking their brains on which route to take, but I also wanted some of you experienced guys to chime in. If i am supposed to hit a newbie thread or something first let me know

Update below are the speeds I have achieved with the following mods:

68.9--stock
    72.9--R3 flash only
    73.4--R3+R & D Intake Grate
    73.9--R3+R &D In take grate+ R and D 4 inch intake
    77.9--R3+R &D intake Grate + 4 inch intake+riva freeflow exhaust+ rideplate holes filled, Fa removed 15/19r prop.
    80.3 --R3+R &D intake Grate + 4 inch intake+riva freeflow exhaust+ rideplate holes filled, Fa removed 15/19r prop, 160 thermostat, and some cooler air.
    Last edited by Branden; 01-09-2015 at 05:09 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    Hey everyone my name is Branden, I recently got bit by the ski bug and took the plunge and picked up a new 2014 rxp 260. I have been racing cars my whole life and currently have an 8 sec trans am so i know first hand how addicting speed can be, anyways to cut to the chase I am wanting to start modding this thing but they appear to be much different than a car per say. Any advice on how to pep this thing up a bit more in a budget friendly way? I have spoke to torx racing and riva and have started picking their brains on which route to take, but I also wanted some of you experienced guys to chime in. If i am supposed to hit a newbie thread or something first let me know
    Congrats on the new ski!!! Start with either making or buying a 4" intake, and catch can, remove flame arrestor, fill ride plate holes, R&D grate or Riva, and see how you like that. Then can always reflash the ecu to remove boost limiter and Speed limiter. It will continue from there as you know already!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nlpnrxt1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    Congrats on the new ski!!! Start with either making or buying a 4" intake, and catch can, remove flame arrestor, fill ride plate holes, R&D grate or Riva, and see how you like that. Then can always reflash the ecu to remove boost limiter and Speed limiter. It will continue from there as you know already!

Thanks! I appreciate the advice and I think I'm steering in the direction of the riva stage 2 or 3 kit as the stage 4 is just a tad rich for my blood right off the bat. Are turbos eventually the way to go on these things, or are the blowers still good to try and push one of these to 80+mph?

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191532
    Lots of info for new guys! congrats!

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk.

+1
    the bigger superchargers will definitely get you in the 80s
    IMO stay away from torx its under new ownership and there are not much feed back on them yet
    although it has to be better than the old owner because you cant run a business worse and not go to jail
    turbo is always better but it will be a budget buster

welcome to the GH
    are you new to performance PWCs?

+1
    Congrats! Your going to love ski's if your a speed freak! Let the spending begin!

This is a super thread of all the right things to do;

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=208409

8. +1 by:

+1
    First thing I'd do is come up with some sort of budget and an ideal of speed you want to hit.

Read and read before you spend a dime. What might sound good in passing will end up being useless to you down the road. I would not buy any of the Riva stages. Better to go separate.

Another thing is on the T3 hull its very easy to hit 74-75MPH GPS. After that it will cost you for every MPH. So unless you got money to burn and love wrenching on your ski you may want to really think what your needs are. Maybe 75MPH and knowing you got solid reliability is enough and maybe it isn't for you. Just remember all these top skis are limited to about 68MPH out of the factory so if you have a 75MPH ski nothing will touch you except another highly modded ski. Depending where you ride you may not run into a heavily modded ski very often if ever. But coming from fast cars I'm sure you don't mind wrenching and don't mind spending money so have at it and just do your research before you buy.
    Last edited by skylolow; 08-18-2014 at 08:02 PM.

+1
    Whatever you do don't buy a SCOM. I have a thread I started when I got mine and tried to explain and post pics as much as I could. I'm not hitting 80 or anything but it's a start. TroyHeb has a great thread to look at too. Welcome to the Hulk!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post
    First thing I'd do is come up with some sort of budget and an ideal of speed you want to hit.

Read and read before you spend a dime. What might sound good in passing will end up being useless to you down the road. I would not buy any of the Riva stages. Better to go separate.

Another thing is on the T3 hull its very easy to hit 74-75MPH GPS. After that it will cost you for every MPH. So unless you got money to burn and love wrenching on your ski you may want to really think what your needs are. Maybe 75MPH and knowing you got solid reliability is enough and maybe it isn't for you. Just remember all these top skis are limited to about 68MPH of the factory so if you have a 75MPH ski nothing will touch you except another highly modded ski. Depending where you ride you may not run into a heavily modded ski very often if ever. But coming from fast cars I'm sure you don't mind wrenching and don't mind spending money so have at it and just do your research before you buy.
    Well said...and among research always feel free to run anything by the forum members first before pulling the trigger.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information