Thread: RXT or RXT-X

RXT or RXT-X

Gents,

I havn't posted since 2008, used to be really active around here and at some get togethers. Anyhow, used to have an 05 RXP and sold it in 2008 when I moved down to Ocean City, MD (no time to ride, crazy right?). I am looking at getting an RXT or RXT-X. My 1st question is about the washers. My 05 had the green hulk metal washers due to the stock ceramics breaking. Has Sea Doo since fixed this issue? What year's still require the washers? I would appreciate any and all info as I will be looking to purchase between now and next spring.

+1
    Basically anything used will need the supercharger rebuilt unless it's a low hour 2012 (Even then I would pull it off to inspect). 2008+ ski's do have metal washers though.

08+ need a rebuilt for "just in case" purposes? You seem to have ridden a few different skis, if you were looking for an RXT would you go pre 08 or 08+? Thanks for your quick reply!

+1
    08's will need a rebuild because the bearings are over 2 years old so you should have it rebuilt for the "Just in case" purpose. Plus you won't be worried sick about it every time you go for a ride. If I was going to buy a RXT or RXT X today I would go anything 2007+. You'll need to rebuild the SC on a 07 guaranteed but you get the newer style valves. However if you have the cash the 2008 RXT-X is a very nice ski and worth the extra money.

There is nothing wrong with the 05 to 06 RXT as long as the valves have been updated on the 05 and early 06 plus many if not most have had the ceramic washers replaced by now. If I were to get a newer one it would be the rxt-x as you get Vts system but you need to be aware of the possible pump tunnel cracking if it's modded much beyond stock, I have on 06 love it added Vts x-charger and such with the updated head spring and valves not that it needed it but do a search for valve float and that can happen to any year ski and it's worth piece of mind to have it done or purchase on that has.

+1
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over the old valves if you're keeping it stock.

7. +1 by:

Thread Information