Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP 2005 w/ rebuilt engine

I am looking to buy a seadoo and came across a RXP 2005 that has a rebuilt engine (metal washers) and only has 3 hours on the engine. I verified this with the local dealer that did the work on it. The seller is asking 4200 but ive got him down to 3800 Is this a good deal and is this seadoo worth it?

It's a great ski but it's usually not very tough to find these same skis (05-07ish) for slightly more (or same) asking price - with low-normal hours and original (undamaged motors). I've noticed several in my general area this past year on Craigslist. But if the dealer replaced it with a reman seadoo engine, then that's probably fine too. My 05 engine was replaced by the dealer back in 09 and I'm still banging away on it. Just some random thoughts.

+1
    I would try and get it for 3500$.

I appreciate the commments. I may just wait and see if i can eventually find a deal on a newer model doo. I really want to get two seadoos that can handle choppy waters, being out in the gulf. I live on the mississippi gulf coast and would like to take the seadoos out front to cat and horn island.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by luzanagpt View Post
    I appreciate the commments. I may just wait and see if i can eventually find a deal on a newer model doo. I really want to get two seadoos that can handle choppy waters, being out in the gulf. I live on the mississippi gulf coast and would like to take the seadoos out front to cat and horn island.

If you're riding a lot in open water a three seat GTX or RXT is a lot more comfortable than an RXP. The RXP will do it but it can be a very bouncy wet ride depending on the chop or swell. I had an RXP and GTX and the GTX was always the ride of choice for distances or open water rides.

Yea, you need a 3-seater hull

I found a 2005 RXT with rebuilt engine and only 8 hours. The seller was asking 4400 but would let it go for 3600. Trying to decide if i want to pull the trigger on it or not. I plan on taking it out front to the islands. Does the RXT have decent range fuelwise and does it handle choppy water well?

+1
    Fuel range is about 4 hours at 5000 RPM's. It does handle the chop well but not as well as a Kawi.

I like my rxp. But now I'm looking to add an rxt. Rxp rides well, but getting a little tired of getting beat around the chop. But if you go with the rxp, it's not a bad price at all. I picked my 06 with a brand new motor for 5k with trailer from our seadoo dealer we have here.

I have a 05 rxt and it's great lil rough in choppy water but it's a great ski

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information