Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Fizzle vs. Factory SVHO Intercooler

Wondering if anyone has installed a Fizzle from a factory IC. I have an R2 tune and supporting mods (intake, FF exhaust, ribbon delete, cooling, ect..) trying to see if any RPM's/boost/speed was gained vs stock cooler.

+1
    Stock cooler is fairly restrictive compared to the fizzle IC. You should see around a 3-3.5 mph gain. Adding it will most likely will put you right at both the 14lb boost and 8500 rpm limit for the R2.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nashvegas View Post
    Stock cooler is fairly restrictive compared to the fizzle IC. You should see around a 3-3.5 mph gain with your setup. Adding the IC will most likely will put you at both the 14lb boost and 8500 rpm limiter.
    That sure sounds nice. Maybe that's what I've been needing. Its only around 7800-8000 now with all these mods and I'm planning on more testing but everything I am finding so far indicates I am one of the lucky guys with too tall of factory prop.

+1
    I just installed the Tial 50mm setup. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2572 Will this no longer work??? Or are the inlets and outlets same locations? Also, I didn't see the fizzle for the SVHO. Possibly the same for SHO? I didn't even see that one in the store.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LugNutLS1 View Post
    I just installed the Tial 50mm setup. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2572 Will this no longer work??? Or are the inlets and outlets same locations? Also, I didn't see the fizzle for the SVHO. Possibly the same for SHO? I didn't even see that one in the store.
    The Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler Kit fits all SHO and SVHO skis. The link is inactive in Jerry's store right now because the kits are out of stock. They will be back in stock in about 1 week. The Tial BOV will work directly with the Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler Kit with no modification necessary. You will no longer need the blue hose in the picture from the link. There are significant gains to be had with the Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler over the stock SVHO intercooler. I don't have exact numbers for you right now, but I advertise 200+ RPMs and 2+ MPH as a conservative figure. I hope this helps.

+1
    Sign me up sir! Let me know when you have one ready that I can use my Tial BOV on and I'll purchase straight away. Thanks for the help

+1
    Sign me up sir! Let me know when you have one ready that I can use my Tial BOV on and I'll purchase straight away. Thanks for the help
    Sounds good. I will make an announcement when they are in stock and Jerry will have the link back to active in the store.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler Kit fits all SHO and SVHO skis. The link is inactive in Jerry's store right now because the kits are out of stock. They will be back in stock in about 1 week. The Tial BOV will work directly with the Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler Kit with no modification necessary. You will no longer need the blue hose in the picture from the link. There are significant gains to be had with the Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler over the stock SVHO intercooler. I don't have exact numbers for you right now, but I advertise 200+ RPMs and 2+ MPH as a conservative figure. I hope this helps.
    James, just for reference on a FX SVHO your gen1 cooler adds 300-350 rpm, right at 3-3.5mph. I'm sure the Y1000 adds even more.

+1
    That's very impressive. I am amazed by those results. And the Y1000 is usually good for about 100 more RPMs than the first gen. and less heat fade.

James, just for reference on a FX SVHO your gen1 cooler adds 300-350 rpm, right at 3-3.5mph. I'm sure the Y1000 adds even more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    That's very impressive. I am amazed by those results. And the Y1000 is usually good for about 100 more RPMs than the first gen. and less heat fade.

Indeed. Maybe LugNutLS1 can post up his findings on the Y1000 after he gets it installed.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information