+1

Need advice on Skat-Trak Swirl 3-blade vs Solas Concord on 2012 RXP-X

I know most of you speed freaks run the four blade Solas Concord on the newer skis but I remember reading somewhere that the 3blade Swirl offers even better acceleration. I don't mind loosing a little of the top speed compared to the Concord impeller. I'm in Chicago and lake Michigan is pretty much always verry choppy. All we care here is hookup bottom end and acceleration. This ski belongs to a friend and is still all stock so I was looking at the 14/19 3blade Swirl for now. Later I will try to talk him into buying the Vtech programmer and credit to put the 8375 tune.
    Any advice especially on further improving acceleration of this great stock ski are welcome.
    Set back impeller mode?
    Intake grate?

Greetings from lake Michigan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1408553053749.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	339379

+1
    I hear the three blades are great until you hit the higher speeds. "stuffing issues"

+1
    Thanks!
    I'm not really worried about it, all we ride is chops and waves the lake here is unique because the shore is all concrete wall (at the shore it goes from 6' to 8' deep to a vertical reinforced concrete wall). Waves and boat wakes are bouncing back to the lake, it gets choppy even on a quiet day. The only time you can find the water really calm is probably only sometimes at sunrise. If I want to race my buddies it will be probably about who can hold on stronger not whose ski is faster as half of the time you might not be able to safely past 40mph! lol
    Rxp-x is my first real experience with a 4-tec, I never liked the handling of any of the four strokes I tried before, that was until I got on this beast!
    The ski in the picture above is all stock. My buddy has two of them and I been riding them for two years, with my XP's rusting in the garage. I'm planing to get my own soon (days, lol).
    BTW on top of the futher acceleration improvement topic, maybe someone can tell me how much is additional vin/license for the Vtec data logger. Having three skis at disposal probably would make sense to get one...
    Last edited by wes35; 08-20-2014 at 02:02 PM.

+1
    I had the impeller set back mod done on my 08 Px and it improved accel a little, but that was a 255px.And I fitted a worx grate as I ride in the chop and after trying stock,rnd and rice the Worx was by far the best for what I ride in but again prob not relevant as some day the stock grate is pretty shit hot.Albeit it that seems to be top speed wise I'm unsure what people are finding works best in the chop on a T3 hull.

+1
    Air Intake is IMO prob the best mod u can do to make them a bit livelier.

+1
    I was thinking about it too, probably after impeller and the Vtech tune. So tempted to get the logger first to see how the mods are affecting the acceleration. (Do them one by one, run the ski logging in between)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wes35 View Post
    I was thinking about it too, probably after impeller and the Vtech tune. So tempted to get the logger first to see how the mods are affecting the acceleration. (Do them one by one, run the ski logging in between)
    Thats best way to do it,Also id get intake before you touch prop or atleast compensate for added rpm intake will bring.Def notice it pulls harder with the intake and logs back that up.

+1
    Guys I still need a little help here.... so when sea-doo changed the pump design in 2009 solas started making SRZ impellers in addition to the SRX line. (that part is simple)
    Now, I'm confused with skat-trak, does the "159-83-28" line fits all the pumps correctly? before and after 2009? Or maybe it will need some kind of setback machining to fit properly in my 2012 RXP-X? Judging on the chart they have on the web they only have one model for both. I can't believe reputable company like skat-trak has a website with impeller chart not updated since 2010!
    I have my eye set on used refinished 3 blade skat but don't want to run in trouble with incorrect setback or something like that.
    BTW, I just got my maptuner, I flashed the ski with v-tech 8375 tune and got steady 8240rpm out of the the stock impeller with 70mph on GPS. Other that the tune the machine is still completely stock...

Thread Information