Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

in the market for a new ski

Im looking to buy a ski in the near future, either gti se 130/155 or gtr 215, i will settle for any of the three. I have been using a family members 2013 wake 155 all summer and i love it. How does buying a jetski work though with financing and all that crap? can i just take a loan from my bank and use it to buy the ski? please help!

+1
    I would think the dealership can handle all the financing stuff for you. When I bought mine I picked which bank I wanted to use and the dealer handled the rest.

+1
    Works very similar to buying a car.

First check with the dealership your buying the ski at and see what kind of interest rate they can give you. I'd go with the GTR 215. You may find a left over model and save big. Might even come across a left over RXT-X with a killer price on it. The little price difference between the GTR and the GTI 155 is WELL WORTH IT to go with the GTR cause the monthly payment difference will be minimal. Also make sure you get the longest warranty thrown in for free. Usually Seadoo always has a promotion with the warranty for free.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post

First check with the dealership your buying the ski at and see what kind of interest rate they can give you. I'd go with the GTR 215. You may find a left over model and save big. Might even come across a left over RXT-X with a killer price on it. The little price difference between the GTR and the GTI 155 is WELL WORTH IT to go with the GTR cause the monthly payment difference will be minimal. Also make sure you get the longest warranty thrown in for free. Usually Seadoo always has a promotion with the warranty for free.

I am going to try to go the NYC boat show early january since a friend of mine got a gti se 130 with trailer and all for $7000 flat last year and ill see if i can get a deal on something and if not oh well ill go to a dealership. I really like the GTR but dont the superchargers have to be rebuilt every 100 hours?

+1
    yes they do and they are worth it!
    after the first ride on a boosted 1500 you will not go back to NA

at the end of the season when you get near 100 hours take it off (only 3 bolts) and send it to Jerry for rebuild

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...X215-102084275

+1
    My buying experience went very smooth. I called the dealership ahead of time and asked who they use for financing. Most dealers I called use Sheffield Financial. I went ahead and applied for financing first and once approved, I went shopping for the best deal. Once I settled on a jet, all I had to do is provide the dealer my approval code and that was it. Extremely smooth and stress free.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin96xx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post

I am going to try to go the NYC boat show early january since a friend of mine got a gti se 130 with trailer and all for $7000 flat last year and ill see if i can get a deal on something and if not oh well ill go to a dealership. I really like the GTR but dont the superchargers have to be rebuilt every 100 hours?
    Yes they do need to be rebuilt. Seadoo say 200 hrs but most feel that is more of marketing the anything. I'd do it every 100 hours for sure if your riding rough water more often than not and flat water riders that rarely come unhook you can push that a little further but I won't go over 150 hours.

Keep in mind a 100 hours is a lot of riding and ton of money in gas. I live on the lake and I'm finishing up my second season and I'll have about 75 hours. If you don't live on the lake its pretty hard to get more than about 30 hours a season in the North East. You got be a fairly dedicated rider to rack up those type of hours. So keep that in mind.

If you honestly decide I'd rather not deal with superchargers I would highly consider the Yamaha VXR/S. Look at the new 2015 with the new hull and Ride system(similar to Seadoo's brake and reverse system). It will keep up with all the stock supercharged machines for the most part (at least not get stomped) and be right there on top speed. Buying a 155 HP jet ski will almost always leave the rider wanting more. These things don't weigh 500-600lbs like they use to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post

at the end of the season when you get near 100 hours take it off (only 3 bolts) and send it to Jerry for rebuild

How much does it usually cost to have the supercharger rebuilt?

+1
    I financed mine through my credit union, they had better rates for me than the dealer could get. Found a left over 2013 online, applied for the loan through the credit union. They approved it and wrote a check out to me and the dealer. I went to the dealer, handed him the check, he loaded the ski on my trailer and I was out of there!!!

When I bought my used 05 RXP I just took out a personal loan for it, but the interest rates are much higher. But I didn't have to insure it for bank purposes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin96xx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post

How much does it usually cost to have the supercharger rebuilt?
    Jerry sells the rebuild kit on here for $328. You can take off the charger yourself and send it to him to rebuild it and he charges $75 for that service. So its about $400.

In the New York area chances are you have plenty of options of PWC repair centers. If you let a shop do all the work from start to finish the price is between $600 and $1200. With many seem to be falling more in that $800 to about $1000 area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information