Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Anything to make the msx corner better?

Like the title says. Any mods that will make the msx corner better at high speeds?

So there are the GP sponsons.

Any ride plate mods that will help? Maybe a small fin or two welded to the ride plate? Anything anyone tried?

Banned User
    +1
    You will like the sponsons so much I dont think any other changes will be necessary.

+1
    BryanP's custom sponsons are unbelievable, highly recommended by myself, have had them and been riding with them for quite a few hours and they are remarkable!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    You will like the sponsons so much I dont think any other changes will be necessary.
    What I would like is to tighten up the steering response. Our MSX 140 with BP/GP sponsons does carve corners nicely but there is little response to steering input until the handlebars are turned quite a lot. Going straight ahead I can swing the handlebars left or right an inch or three with almost no change in actual hull direction.

Turn the bars more and it does start to 'bite' and curve, just a general numbness around the straight ahead steering position. The steering nozzle to handlebar linkage seems to have minimal slop, so I don't think the problem is there.

Perhaps the actual steering nozzle needs to be a few mm smaller diameter?
    A tighter fit between the diameter of the actual water jet and the inside of the steering nozzle might make a difference...

+1
    How about a longer steering nozzle?

Banned User
    +1
    I see no problem with the stock MSX 140 handling with the GP sponsons. Maybe Keith's 2004 is a little different with a little less weight in the nose, but I find my 2003 to be very responsive around the center of the steering. My Matrix on the other hand, takes a lot of steering input to make it turn a little, and I think its all due to the extra weight at the rear of the hull from the pipes.

+1
    I see no problem with the stock MSX 140 handling with the GP sponsons. Maybe Keith's 2004 is a little different with a little less weight in the nose, but I find my 2003 to be very responsive around the center of the steering. My Matrix on the other hand, takes a lot of steering input to make it turn a little, and I think its all due to the extra weight at the rear of the hull from the pipes.
    Your Matrix has trim so the steering nozzle is quite different.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Hmmm, perhaps some measuring is needed.

How many different steering nozzles did Polaris make? I know the 'with trim' steering nozzles are different from the 'without trim' but I have never looked at how many variations of the non-trim steering nozzle there are.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Hmmm, perhaps some measuring is needed.

How many different steering nozzles did Polaris make? I know the 'with trim' steering nozzles are different from the 'without trim' but I have never looked at how many variations of the non-trim steering nozzle there are.
    Not sure, but I know some aftermarket companies used to, and still do, offer longer nozzles for other models and standups. The big "sell" was faster and quicker steering. Being a Polaris, if certain models aren't longer than others, it may be something you have to experiment with yourself. (Make one)

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Your Matrix has trim so the steering nozzle is quite different.
    The Weight bias in the boat is drastically different. You can feel it when you ride the Matrix and 140 back to back. 2 completely different handling boats.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information