Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

A Little Motec 101 M130 / M150

I had a guy ask me how to change the idle settings on a Bosch drive by wire ski, so I thought I would share here so here goes.

Open up the M1 software, if your connected to your ecu click file then click open ECU. If your not connected to the ecu click file open package. then open your latest tune file.

your screen should look like this;

Now click all calibrate then type Idle it will look like this;

If you click on the graph or table on the right then push the G button it will change the view.

Now pick what temperature you want to change idle at and add a percent to raise idle or subtract a percentage to lower idle.

So for example if at 50 deg C your idle is to low. then add a percent to that cell and see if that gets you what you want.

Simple right?? Don't forget to save and download to the ecu, unless you had it connected then just save.

Any one else have some Motec 101 to share please post up.
    Last edited by hotbird; 08-21-2014 at 06:14 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    I had a guy ask me how to change the idle settings on a Bosch drive by wire ski, so I thought I would share here so here goes.

Open up the M1 software, if your connected to your ecu click file then click open ECU. If your not connected to the ecu click file open package. then open your latest tune file.

your screen should look like this;

Now click all calibrate then type Idle it will look like this;

If you click on the graph or table on the right then push the G button it will change the view.

Now pick what temperature you want to change idle at and add a percent to raise idle or subtract a percentage to lower idle.

So for example if at 50 deg C your idle is to low. then add a percent to that cell and see if that gets you what you want.

Simple right?? Don't forget to save and download to the ecu, unless you had it connected then just save.

Any one else have some Motec 101 to share please post up.
    Awesome. Think you should have a daily "Motec How Too". Will be a popular thread.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Great post very useful :] ,
    Thanks Andy
    Cheers,
    waz

+1
    Don't think I can do daily. but how about this, People ask questions here and who ever has a good answer can post up.

+1
    This is great stuff Hotbird. Can you talk a little about the difference between M150/M130?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    This is great stuff Hotbird. Can you talk a little about the difference between M150/M130?
    The software packages are almost the same. No big differances. The m150 has more analogue and voltage inputs. So if your running 3 egts and a tunnel pressure sensor the m130 is maxed out on inputs.
    The m150 has more. So im logging 3 egt, tunnel pressure, fuel pressure, oil pressure, and pre intercooler temps. And I still have spare inputs. (These inputs are limited to the ones available in the sea doo package also)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    Don't think I can do daily. but how about this, People ask questions here and who ever has a good answer can post up.
    Good Idea!

+1
    Also you can either go on youtube to motec and have a look at there webinars , they are based on the m130 and also 2010 seadoo ... great idea warmchicken

+1
    Yup nothing like a good webinar to put you to sleep!

11. +1 by:

The huge advantage of Motec is the data logs. Once exported into 3rd party SW it is extreamly easy to dial in the fueling. Nils is prety good at giving a base tune to start with based on the injectors you are using. It takes about 6 rides to dial these things right in.

It really helps to have the optional higher resolution data logging with Motec.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information