Msx 150 break down

I took my msx 150 for the the first time out to the lake and from the start it was acting funny everytime I would start it the engine light would go on for about 15sec and the go off and the the ski was really jumpy it would go to 7400rpms to 6400 as I'm holding full throttle and the boost did not like to go over 3/4 power it would stop and the engine light would go on again so I shut it off and restarted and it was fine and just went a couple hours of babying it around staying around 45 and then at the end of the day I got it to 7500rpms on my last run and I hear a loud squeal for about 2 seconds so I shut the ski off and looked inside everything seemed fine but know I can only get half boost out of it and it won't go past 25 the ski sounds fine what could cause this

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Please recap what has been done and what the original problems, if any, were.

Has the jet pump been removed and inspected?

Thanks for the response you guys are awesome!!!

Okay i just bought this ski it was not running when i got it it had a cracked fuel rail and a missing sifb module. so i fixed that and then noticed that the oil was overfilled and the intercooler was clogged solid so i replaced the intercooler and it fired right up so this was the first lake test.

i just pulled the pump and everything is perfect not a nic on the prop and it spins smoothly.

+1
    You replaced the intercooler. Did the hoses and hardpipe show signs of oil ingestion? (thick oil residue/gunk in them?) Did you replace the MAP sensors?

I'd move the IC, and remove the airbox. Then inspect the turbo inlet and turbo shaft. Spin freely? Minimal wobble... but doesn't touch housing? Oily mess?

Is the turbo wastegate seized? It should open and snap shut without any binding.

What is the compression in each cylinder?

Lots of stuff to check.

Cheers!

okay well i think i found the problem i pulled the airbox and everything seemed fine but i noticed that the throttle body was just sitting their it had popped out of the boot

Thread Information