Thread: Winterizing??

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar

Winterizing??

For those of us who are not in the warm belt and have to winterize thier skis, I was reading through the owners and shop manual and no where does it say anything about using anti-freeze solution when you go to put it away for the season. It just says flush it out with water and nothing else. So am I to take it that it will be allright after i start it up and blow the extra water out of the system and it will be good to go?? All my other skis use a antifreeze solution when they are winterized to prevent them from turning into a block of ice......Hmmmm Any thoughts on this?

+1
    Don't have an answer about your Kawi procedures, but are you worried about the next three nights being in the 20's in our area? Have you had yours out yet?

Ed

Yep, Had it out already and worried about it sitting outside. My regular spot in garage is currently being used by tractor that decided to take a crap! So of course they are sittin outside in the nice 20 degree nights.

+1
    Maybe just run it quickly to get all the water you can out one last time and put a trouble light or 2 in the hull of the ski, and you should be fine.

Ed

I just think its strange that it doesnt that the book doesnt say to do anything else with it. I think i might just put some antifreeze in while its runnin, or I might just have to muscle it over from my double trailer to my old single and slide it in garage, but this SOB weighs so much!!! Mike

Guess we're all experiencing the same thing, sudden return of winter. I had mine out to do the 10 hour service anyway so just blew the water out the regular way. The dealer said that should be effective for short term storage, not sure what the complete winterization procedure is going to be.

Yup after my havasu trip and returing to CO it was in the mid 20's the last few nights and my ski has about 3 inches of snow on it... I hope it's ok

Thread Information