What is the proper break-in procedure for 2014 SeaDoo 215 GTI? 2014 RXP-X 260?

I am looking at buying a new SeaDoo as I am ready for an upgrade from my 2008 RXP 215.
    (please expect a number of questions here as I research almost to a fault)

First, I would like to say that the RXP 215 has been a fantastic ski. FUN FUN FUN and super reliable.

So, my question(s), please;

What is the -optimal- break-in procedure for these new 2014 skis? Is there a different procedure for the 215GTI than the RXP-X?

One guy at the dealership told me that I would not need to do ANYTHING differently because the skis are programmed to automatically adjust performance to maximize the break in benefit. This guy said that performance is programmed to automatically change at 2, 4, 6, 8 & 10 hours.

Another guy at the same dealership (service manager) (who I really like) said he did not know anything about the performance being automatically programmed, but that I can ride the ski with NO consideration of any break in EXCEPT to vary my RPMs, IE: do not ride at the same speed / RPMS for any length of time.

So, what is the best way to ensure longevity and reliability as far as breaking in the ski, please?

Kiwi spanner handler
    Christchurch NewZealand
    the supercharged skis do hold back to around 7500 rpm for first 5 hours so just ride normally vary the revs/load and no prolonged full throttle, that about it and is what the manual says to. After 5 hours they automatically go to 8000 rpm and full power

3. +1 by:

Thread Information