This past summer I sold my old (but very dependable '99 Polaris SLTH and bought an '04 GTX-Limited with 117 hrs. on it. I've only put 3-4 hours on it and it runs great but I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

I had it in the garage and was buffing out the gelcoat when I noticed the OTPS oil blow by solenoid would cycle about every 30 to 45 seconds and then I would hear a purge sound of some sort down in the crankcase. If the battery is connected it constantly does this with or without the DESS connected on the post. Does anyone have any past history with this issue and can offer suggestions for what I should check?

Secondly, I went to take it out today and before leaving the dock I noticed the warning light flashing. After leaving the dock I got the Low Volt error message. Not wanting to get stranded out alone I decided to ride it for about 5 minutes and see if it went away and naturally it didn't so I loaded it back up and brought it home. I checked the voltage at the battery and it was 12.45vDC. I left the meter on it and cranked it momentarily and it was putting out about 13.85vDC. So I'm assuming the charging system is operating correctly. I always keep a Battery Tender on it and the battery is less than a year old. I checked all of the fuses at the MPEM and they all read good. I ws doing some research and found that this is a common issue and could be a connector issue or maybe the rectifier is failing. Any past history with this issue as well?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!