hallman boost controller

Hooked the line from turbo housing to the pressure side of the hallman(bottom barb) and from side of controller to wastegate(like I've always done on turbo cars) and it spikes 25+ once boost is made. Am I suppose to remove the restrictor pill in the line off the turbo housing or something?
    If I hook strait from turbo to gate it sees right at 10-11psi so gate checks out
    Thanks in advance!

+1
    Sounds to me that mbc isnt allowing any referance pressure to reach the wastegate..or else it woudnt have this issue .
    Take tour mbc appart and clean oil it (teflon /carbon dry lube) . Maby the spring is frozen

If I blow through the bottom port, the ball is slightly seated with the controller lightly closed(+ boost). All the way out and its a strait through shot. My only concern is that it has a tiny hole made to receive the wastegate pressure when the throttle closes but all of them have that(its still not considered a bleeder type). Even with it strait through it pegs 25+

While were talking though, when do these spool up? I could ha e sworn when I first got it I could feel boost before it planed(pretty close to going wide open from a stop)

+1
    Thats your issue . You need a actual bleed off style (turbosmart mbc) . Im thinking your spring inside is not designed for low boost applications 10-18psi... jst for sake of trying ... buy / make a bleeder T and replace your mbc with a proven type and i assure you it will operate properly

+1
    I would remove the pill and open the MBC all the way. You should get a low boost behavior. Then tighten from there. I used a MBC because I lost the pill. The pill plus MBC is probably putting the MBC at a higher boost range than without.

6. +1 by:

I agree. I think with the MBC and the restrictor pill its basicly never opening the gate at all, it probably would eventually but its not worth the risk. And I shouldn't need a bleeder setup, I def don't want to introduce a leak.

But good lord this has opened my eyes to people saying "just pull wastegate hose and if you get a warning you are overboosting". That is a TERRIBLE idea as you are hitting 25+ psi and you don't get an over boost for a few seconds. Talk about a disaster waiting to happen!!!! My advice on these things will always be get a damn boost gauge so you can see what's happening, do it the right way. I am thinking of playing with restrictor sizes and making a plug in module to prevent over boost alarm. Would save people the trouble of setting up a mbc

Thread Information