Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Would you buy another Spark?

Hey guys, kinda taking a poll here. I'm planning on putting two skis(97 GTIs) up for sale then putting a down payment on a new spark. My first question would be "would you buy another one" meaning are they worth it since the GTI 130 isn't that much more. A friend and I test rode a couple different spark models this summer on the "Seadoo spark tour". I was impressed and had a blast.
    The other question would be - 2 or 3up? I have my TX for tubing(teenagers) and speed. I want the spark for FUN! The iBR is also an option too. I've read about 30 threads about all the issues,likes and dislikes. I'm asking now cause it's near the end of the season and wonder if the novelty has worn off. There aren't any sparks locally for me to bounce questions off owners in person.

I would and probably will for the wife.

3. +1 by:

My son and I both bought sparks. These are the 1st ski's that we have bought. We have ridden a bunch of them prior to this. Main reason we bought them is that we bought a place on a lake. Also we are avid snowmobilers. We both like the light weight of the sparks as they are close to the sleds and ATVs we have. We're both very happen with them and would buy them again. As the the sparks themselves, we have had no problems with them other than the recalls. We do ride in fresh water it that makes a difference. I have a 3 up and he has a 2 up, both are 90HO's. The 2 up is a tad faster and tad more flickable (if that's a word). BUT, my son said that if he had to do it over again he would of go a 3up. Main reason is he's 6'5" and just over 300lbs. He says it's easier to get up on to the ski on the 3 up than the 2up if your in water. Both are non-IBRs and haven't had a problem docking them. I'm sure the IBR's make it even more easier especially with reverse, but like I said no problems. Good luck with what you decide.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I have a GTi130 2013 and am adding a Spark next year. There's no comparison between the 2, the GTi130 is a great family jet, ideal for towing and cruising with 2 or 3 and once you know how the new hull handles it can be a good laugh. The Spark is a modern day XPL (without the race focus), fun, fun and fun, nice and light, plenty of tricks to do and generally ideal for messing about with. Maybe a bit too light for decent towing (the rear really gets pulled about by a mono carving a turn).

If you can get them both, if you can't the 3up Spark with IBR and a Vtech tune is probably the best choice for an all-rounder in my humble opinion

7. +1 by:

+1
    I have 2 rxtx 260 S3 and a Spark and would buy another hands down...

The Spark is just straight out FUN !!! . It's cheap to run and no issue with carbon seal , super charger etc ...

Get one , u won't be disappointed ...

+1
    Is fine for towing. Pulls me on wakeboard just fine. 3up, IBR. I now really want a 2up in addition to.

10. +1 by:

Our family loves our 60 HP Spark . We also have a '13 GTI and love it as well. The GTI has far more storage up front and dash storage, 2 more tie down hooks @ back, spacious & wide seat, better loading weight rating, & better in the chop. For cruising, towing & storage the GTI is better, but for doing the kinds of jumps ,hops, turns and spins ( somewhat ) like our '91 SP, the Spark is better and more fun. I like variety and so enjoy some seat time in one & then the other. The Spark like any new model is unproven, but at this point I would gladly buy another. But not as a replacement for our GTI 130. I am on a fixed income & would just have kept riding our '91 SP and GTI if the Spark hadn't been available.

12. +1 by:

+1
    Actually picking up a 2nd one this week for the wife aswell...

I'm "banned" from bolting a turbo on this one as its too loud........ lol

Just building a twin trailer for it this weekend..

You know whats also cool, I rolled the other spark onto a garage creeper to wheel it around the garage and it sits on it perfect. No need for a ski trolley.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GasResearch-VT.SE View Post
    Actually picking up a 2nd one this week for the wife aswell...

I'm "banned" from bolting a turbo on this one as its too loud........ lol

Just building a twin trailer for it this weekend..

You know whats also cool, I rolled the other spark onto a garage creeper to wheel it around the garage and it sits on it perfect. No need for a ski trolley.
    ideas man . Lol

15. +1 by:

+1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35302-25037.gif 
Views:	71 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	339700

17. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information