Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2005 STX-R, Triple Pisser

I just picked up a 2005 STX-R, all stock mint condition. I have been reading that a triple pisser is a good upgrade to keep a eye on cooling for all 3 cylinders

Option 1- spend the $75 on the ski work kit, which is fair price but not reading the best reviews about them and their shipping speed.

Option 2- build my own but sourcing the head fittings is a chalange I am reading.

What's the best way?

Thanks Scott

Or order (2) Factory head fittings 52014-3709. Route them to the front???

Tripple pisser kit is a must have for any of the kawi 1200's.

There was someone on this forum who was making the kits, I would search around. It was listed in the for sale section on this forum.

Eh ski worxs I honestly wouldn't give that guy the time of day. Hes a pain in the ass to get ahold of, charges a rediciolous am out for shipping and his customers service is horrible.

Building your could be a pain since the head fitting have to be an exact size or it will put the ski into limp mode. Search around you will find more then enough info on it. You could even use the stock 90's that are on the heads and route new hoses up to a set of pissers in the front. You will have to change one 90 since the hose sizes are different

You only need one factory head fitting. If your interested I have a few sitting in a parts pile.

The most forward pisser is the smaller size, the other two fittings you can just turn with a wrench.

I thought the idea was that the front on was smaller to restrict the flow. Then the 2 rear cyliners were restricted at the rear if the ski. So I thought I would need to make all 3 head fittings same as the front one, to keep the right flow going.

Scott

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Tripple pisser kit is a must have for any of the kawi 1200's.

There was someone on this forum who was making the kits, I would search around. It was listed in the for sale section on this forum.

Eh ski worxs I honestly wouldn't give that guy the time of day. Hes a pain in the ass to get ahold of, charges a rediciolous am out for shipping and his customers service is horrible.

Building your could be a pain since the head fitting have to be an exact size or it will put the ski into limp mode. Search around you will find more then enough info on it. You could even use the stock 90's that are on the heads and route new hoses up to a set of pissers in the front. You will have to change one 90 since the hose sizes are different
    +1 on this. He was one of the go to guys back in the Ultra/STXR's days but I hear he has gotten bad. Harry Klemm did some awesome stuff for the Kawi 1200 mill. Follow turbomans advice, just make sure you do not use a pisser with oversized holes. 10 years bad juju!! Guy that went by DeathJester (Michael Shattuck) on Ultra150.com used to sell the kits. He would braze the hole in a straight fitting and drill it out to the proper size. I think he still works at Blowsion although its been a few years since I talked to him last.

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy326 View Post
    I thought the idea was that the front on was smaller to restrict the flow. Then the 2 rear cyliners were restricted at the rear if the ski. So I thought I would need to make all 3 head fittings same as the front one, to keep the right flow going.

Scott
    Nope all the sized are the same, no clue on why they used such a small fitting for the front. I have actually have never seen a stock pisser 3/8th in size. Kawi could have just adapted that one fitting to use the material they already had on hand.

So the kit skiworx is selling is mainly straight fittings with the correct restriction and tread size/pitch.

+1
    I used the factory fittings on my Ultra 150. Put a U-tube across the back outlets to keep water out, turned the 90° fittings, re-routed the hoses to the front where they exited through 2 new factory discharge nozzles.

People say you need to replace the 90s with straight fittings, but I didn't because I run a strainer.

Correct, with a good amount of 3/8th inch line and 3 billet pissers. Only thing special is the fittings

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information