Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Sandy Hook NJ.....

Have any one gone to sand hook Nj I'm looking to go how is it.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERA RACING View Post
    Have any one gone to sand hook Nj I'm looking to go how is it.......

It's fantastic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8240843.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	339695

+1
    Do you know the name of the marina down there to launch from

+1
    http://www.pwctrailfinder.com/NewJer...railRides.html

I would use either the Long Branch or Little Silver ramps in the Shrewsbury. There are many marinas but I don't know which actually have ramps. Those two are free but parking can sometimes be a problem later in the day, especially Long Branch. Oceanport & Rumson require a season pass and Rumson will give you a ticket without one. There is another place on the Navesink further back by Red Bank called Chris's or something, they will charge you at the ramp, don't know how much. You also have the state ramp at Leonardo which is $20 to launch.

Read the report on PWC TrailFinder.com for this area for more info.

I have been on the backside of sandy hook between staten island and the hook. Nice riding. Depending on where you are coming from there are many places to launch from. In the atlantic highlands there appears to be several launches also. If you launch from any where inside the hook be careful the naval base is there. THis area is restricted to boating. You will know really quick if you are in the wrong area because a boat will come out guns ready to let you know you are in restricted water. The area is marked so just be aware of it. Beside that I have not been on the ocean side of sandy hook so i can not speak to that. Hope this helps. I usually ride from lemon creek on staten island across the bay to sandy hook.

+1
    I launch from under the GWB and I wanna try something new.

The municipal ramp in highlands is only $15 and it's a really nice ramp. It's literally across from that picture

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyswell201 View Post
    The municipal ramp in highlands is only $15 and it's a really nice ramp. It's literally across from that picture
    There's a launch in the Highlands? Or are you talking about the Atlantic Highlands launch,you launched from there?
    i don't believe they ever allow PWCs to launch from there unless they recently changed their rules..

I regularly go out of Leonardo state Marina,$20 per yr or $170 a yr plus the free use of other state launches...

They just put new docks in that were damaged from Sandy,Great launch no worries about long no wake zones BUT can be very rough on your boat being just off the mouth of the bay also you must tie up at the docks not in the concrete launch area...PWC fenders are a MUST unless you want your rub rail and other parts scratched and rashed up...

Sandy Hook NJ.....

Yea I launch out of Atlantic highlands all the time. This year they started allowing pwc's in there after over 25 years of not. Even a cop came up to me when he saw my shield and saw me driving in and out of courtesy warned me that I wouldn't be allowed, "even he isn't allowed". I showed him previous receipts with "pwc" stamped on it and he was in shock then went ahead and waited or me at the ramp to bullshit about stuff. Nice guy. But I like it for the convenience of parking, ramp size, skill level /ramp etiquette (still some bad apples), and bathrooms for the lady. I'll check out Leonardo's again but I used to dread the no wake and avoiding the ship.
    Last edited by jerseyswell201; 08-25-2014 at 02:51 PM.

+1
    wow ..that's great news,will ck it out in a few wks..

Im sure all the boaters are gonna welcome us with open arms

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information