1993 kawasaki xi

2 issues:

I bought this in the summer and when I bought it, then engine ran good. I got home and had issues with it running so I cleaned the carburetor out and it ran good for about 2 weeks. On the 2nd week it started bogging down so I thought I was running out of gas. Well I filled it up that next weekend and got out on the lake and it would bog down when I got to higher speeds. The gas is fresh and oil levels are fine. The fuel lines have been replaced already as I heard they used to be gray and would kind of decompose. They are black now.

I am also running into the issue of my batters doing bad very fast. It would go bad in the same day of buying a batter. I've gone through 3 warrantied batters from O'Reilly's. I do not see any cuts in the wires and they are connected tightly. Any idea as to why this might be happening?

+1
    Fuel filter? Plugged vent?

Concerning the battery, have you tried measuring the battery voltage while the engine is running? Obviously, the charging circuit isn't working. No reason to keep changing batteries, fix the charging circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Fuel filter? Plugged vent?

Concerning the battery, have you tried measuring the battery voltage while the engine is running? Obviously, the charging circuit isn't working. No reason to keep changing batteries, fix the charging circuit.
    I'm having difficulties finding a "charging circuit". Do you by chance a link to one?

+1
    The "charging circuit" is all the components together that keep the battery charged.

Its most likely your regulator or stator. Start the engine and put a volt meter on the battery. It should read 13+ volts.

Thread Information