Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    jc33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    27

    prop stuck on shafts help

    I am trying to install a 13 20 Solas and I have the pump out of ski in a vice with the shafts holder I heat it and turn it clockwise it is left hand thred from what I know and it won't come off no matter how hard I try and ideas
    it's a 2014 fx svho stock prop won't come off


  2. #2
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    Use a large pole for a breaker bar

  3. #3
    jc33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    27
    I have a 2 foot wrench on it and I'm pushing so hard it comes out of the vice

  4. #4
    If you have a yamaha you have to turn the impeller counterclockwise. Watch the pic this is how i get my impeller off.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01013.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	339698

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by rologp View Post
    If you have a yamaha you have to turn the impeller counterclockwise. Watch the pic this is how i get my impeller off.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01013.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	339698
    counter clock wise if you are stand behind the pump stator looking from the tail cone end, clock wise if you are looking from the shaft end to loosen it. I use a two foot wrench and a 4' bar over the wrench handle works evertime on far as long as you can hold the shaft holding tool in place. Tommy Jordan

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rologp View Post
    If you have a yamaha you have to turn the impeller counterclockwise. Watch the pic this is how i get my impeller off.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01013.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	339698
    counter clock wise if you are stand behind the pump stator looking from the tail cone end, clock wise if you are looking from the shaft end to loosen it. I use a two foot wrench and a 4' bar over the wrench handle works evertime on far as long as you can hold the shaft holding tool in place. Tommy Jordan
    Thats right counter with the cone in front of you, sorry not to clarify that.

  7. #7
    jc33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    27
    Yeah I'm turning it the correct way likening us say I'm going to have to try that under a tire with a breaker bar and then a pipe over the wrench
    thanks for the pic very helpfull

  8. #8
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jc33 View Post
    Yeah I'm turning it the correct way likening us say I'm going to have to try that under a tire with a breaker bar and then a pipe over the wrench
    thanks for the pic very helpfull
    mine was stuck on the shaft even after using heat we where unable to get it off.
    I then took it to another person and we used a hammer head on a impact gun while using a pipe wrench on the impeller nut. It came off very easily. So know I am using copper anti seize on the threads instead of the grey anti seize.

  9. #9
    jc33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    27
    I have a 3 foot pipe wrench i will try that tomorrow with a brake bar under a tire if not then i will try an impact
    wish me luck

  10. #10
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    What I have found with the SVHO's is using this 20 dollar tool and a pipe. It's the ticket.

    Heat is always a equalizer but as there is no replacement for displacement there is no replacement for fulcrum with proper tool and leverage!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	339699  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Supercharger impeller stuck on shaft
    By aussie rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-26-2016, 03:24 PM
  2. Supercharger impeller wheel stuck on shaft.
    By almano in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 01:41 PM
  3. Help! Impeller shaft stuck on prop!
    By zixxerluv in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
  4. prop seizing on shaft?
    By Purple Haze in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 12:01 AM
  5. Nose cone stuck on shaft
    By excess in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •