Securing PWC dock lift

Hey newbie here and have a question I am hoping someone can answer. I have a yamaha vx deluxe on a dock mounted lift. I live on the sound and I have the winch secured with a chain and lock. Do people normally also tie the ski to the dock for extra protection? We are having a rough storm now and had me thinking about securing it. Anyone have a minute to offer suggestions and best way to make sure the ski stays on the lift?

thanks

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    How widely spaced are the bunks on the lift?

The bunks were measured for the ski. They sit directly on the outside of the ribs and match the trailer bunk position. I don't have the exact measurements. It's a pretty tight fit I think I'm more worried about high tide and the fact the ski is only a few feet above high tide line and could have float off. Although I also have the plugs out and not sure if that is the best either given my setup.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    So you are worried about a rogue wave lifting the hull up off the bunks and then dropping the hull badly, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    So you are worried about a rogue wave lifting the hull up off the bunks and then dropping the hull badly, correct?
    Rogue waves plus wind- actually we do get waves of a couple feet through here is summer storms. I plan to trailer and garage for a named storm but the sudden violent thunderstorms wanting to know if there are extra precautions to take

+1
    One of these in the front and one in the rear should be more than enough. (bolt the buckle to the lift)

http://www.amazon.com/Boat-Buckle-Re...ractable+strap
    Last edited by K447; 08-24-2014 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Buckle

+1
    Put the plugs back in always after drain from riding! if some reason your lift gave out or broke free .... ask me how I know. Then at lease your ski will continue to float. With plugs out it will sink! Only time to have plugs out is when draining, trailering, or dry storage.

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Put the plugs back in always after drain from riding! if some reason your lift gave out or broke free .... ask me how I know. Then at lease your ski will continue to float. With plugs out it will sink! Only time to have plugs out is when draining, trailering, or dry storage.
    Thanks for the advice on the strap above- as for plugs what about heavy rains? Any worries on water filling the ski?

Thread Information