Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Arrow RIVA open loop questions

I'm having issues with fuel in my oil. I need to get my oil temps up. I vary between 145-165 engine temp

I'm running no oil cooler and a 10 mm green washer drilled with a restrictor into the engine as well.
    My question is the smaller the restrictor means more pressure less volume ? Or larger more volume less pressure? What one would I need to adjust for this issue? or run a ball valve again?

+1
    I would think a bigger hole will give you more volume and more pressure= lower temps.
    smaller hole would be less volume and lower pressures giving higher temps.?

Kind of like a 2 inch fire hose running off city pressure of 60 psi vs. your 1/2 inch garden hose at 60 psi. The 2 inch hose will have FAR more water and will be able to put out a fire (hot engine) easier.

+1
    get a heat exchanger.....Our setups are close,i see temps while riding right at or around 160...After a longer WOT run she goes up to about 170 and then comes back down to 160......And this is with a 20 plate exchanger,160 thermo,and a yellow washer......OPen loop in our conditions isnt the best way to go,especially with the wide variations of temperature swings.....

But IMO i would go more volumn....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    get a heat exchanger.....Our setups are close,i see temps while riding right at or around 160...After a longer WOT run she goes up to about 170 and then comes back down to 160......And this is with a 20 plate exchanger,160 thermo,and a yellow washer......OPen loop in our conditions isnt the best way to go,especially with the wide variations of temperature swings.....

more volume so larger restrictor or smaller ?

+1
    if i run using a ball valve ill run between 170-180ish and it seems to fix it but that means the 160 riva stat is always open

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post

more volume so larger restrictor or smaller ?
    Bigger/larger for more volumn....

+1
    so Sno maybe i should run a stock green washer and try? or yellow?

cost me more in oil changes than fuel lately lol

+1
    i run the green in both mine.It is bigger in diameter than the yellow..Remeber you dont need alot of water pressure to cool these things unless you dont have your water pump impellor installed...IMO 14 PSI max is all your IC and motor really need...As far as heating your oil up,youll definatly need to get the engine temps up a tiny bit 145 is not enough for even the ECU as it goes into start up mode as it doesnt start leaning out fuel till 160+ degrees......so that could be part of your issue...

+1
    i run the green in both mine.It is bigger in diameter than the yellow..Remeber you dont need alot of water pressure to cool these things unless you dont have your water pump impellor installed...IMO 14 PSI max is all your IC and motor really need...As far as heating your oil up,youll definatly need to get the engine temps up a tiny bit 145 is not enough for even the ECU as it goes into start up mode as it doesnt start leaning out fuel till 160+ degrees......so that could be part of your issue...
    100% agree

+1
    still have the impeller installed though i believe .. think what ill do is put a stock green washer in the pump and add a ball valve and leave the ball valve open and see what happends and if i need to close it a bit then i know what i have to do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information